MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Sw co

Jwill

I have a question or two about the units around Gunnison and Montrose. If you're familiar with that area could you pm me so I don't have to ask specific questions on the open forum. Thanks!

I'll elaborate just a little bit. I'm planning a trip out for first rifle season. Did quite a bit of research a few months ago and was pretty well settled on unit 65, mainly from a draw odds and success rate perspective. I've been looking at more detailed maps and doing as much research as I can from the desktop, so far I've found several areas that I like the looks of and am planning to focus on in the fall. I would probably hunt the southern part of the unit. However my hunting buddies have researched unit 55 and based on some second and third hand information, they want to go there. I've looked at the tag numbers and statistics from past seasons for 55, along with some map research. From what I can tell 65 will be a tougher hunt as far as access and terrain goes, but from what I can tell it looks like a better hunt. So I think I'll tell my buddies to go on and hunt 55, I'm going to hunt 65. Previously we've hunted around Yampa, with some success, but wanted to try a different area this season. What do you all think, anybody with experience in those units?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back