Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Suspension/shocks

tom338

I tow a 16 foot enclosed trailer for hunting. With everything in the back of the truck box (coolers/ice/chains/misc stuff that one may need quick access to) then the stuff in the trailer. Makes it squat 2-3 inches. Usually not a big deal but at night everyone thinks high beam are on. I don't want to adjust my headlights just for towing. Any suggestions? OI have tried to put my load in my trailer to limit the lounge weight. Think this fall I will find a scale to see what my tongue weight actually is. Andbody add anything to help with this issue? Better shocks or adjustable ones? Heavier leaf springs?

There are a lot of options for helper springs/air bags to keep from squatting. I have never put them in my truck but my buddy put some Timbrens on his F250 to help pulling his 5th wheel and it made a huge difference. I think they’re about $250

D-Walt..I just ordered a set of those Timbrens. Thats exactly what I was hoping to find by asking. Thanks!!

I just put a pair of Monroe “load-adjusting” shocks on the back of my truck to help with hauling heavy loads of firewood. They were pretty affordable and working great so far (only had them on about 2 months now).

I tow a 16 foot enclosed trailer for hunting. With everything in the back of the truck box (coolers/ice/chains/misc stuff that one may need quick access to) then the stuff in the trailer. Makes it squat 2-3 inches. Usually not a big deal but at night everyone thinks high beam are on. I don't want to adjust my headlights just for towing. Any suggestions? OI have tried to put my load in my trailer to limit the lounge weight. Think this fall I will find a scale to see what my tongue weight actually is. Andbody add anything to help with this issue? Better shocks or adjustable ones? Heavier leaf springs?
Is it a double axle trailer? If so you might need to adjust the ball height of the truck to match the trailer hitch that is on the loaded trailer and sitting level on both axels. This makes the truck drive better with out as much rear end suspension squat causing headlight elevation issues and the trailer to pull smoother.

It is a double axle trailer. And yes my hitch is at the correct height. That was one of the first things I did was load the trailer then measure for hitch height.

air bags, dont be intimidated by doing it yourself as they are very easy. i put a set of airride with bumper bags in my tundra (took about hour-maybe hour half) and wow what a different when pulling my 16' cargo! been in my truck for 6 years and only regret was not doing it sooner.

I’m just about to throw some Timbrens in my 2015 F150 to address some squatting issues and poor handling when heavily loaded - will let you know how it goes!

Upgraded the stock shocks to Bilstein 5100’s front and back and that made a huge difference off the bat as well

Orion's Breath.... what model truck are you adding this to. just curious. I have a pair of Timbrens coming for my F150 crew cab

I purchased Timbren - SES System. Check them out: Timbren - SES System.

I will be trying them out this weekend when I pull my 28 foot 5th wheel. I figure they are made in Canada, so they can handle the Montana cold. I have heard from other folks that these work when pulling their large campers/5th wheels. They are easy to install … YouTube it.

I had to edit this post after I thought about my post, I remembered it was actually the SES system. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
Anybody use these Timbrens with a Weight Distribution Hitch? Did they improve anything?

I purchased the Timbren SES system to take the squat out of my truck when I hook up my 28 ft 5th wheel trailer. I used them this weekend for the first time and they work very well. I am very pleased with how they took the squat out of the truck and the truck handled the ride and the load very well.

I put an extra leaf in my 04 one-fitty' spring pack, and run bilstein all the way around. No squating. I hate saggy rear ends.... Also have the bilstein lifters in the front and installed beefier UCA's.

Last edited:
air bags, dont be intimidated by doing it yourself as they are very easy. i put a set of airride with bumper bags in my tundra (took about hour-maybe hour half) and wow what a different when pulling my 16' cargo! been in my truck for 6 years and only regret was not doing it sooner.
Same thing here. I put the Firestone air bags in my Tundra, works great on the cargo trailer or or with my car hauler.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back