MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Surprised Hiker Catches Grizzly Barreling Towards Mountain Goats

I spent part of my time in the 3rd Infantry Division in the Marine Corps. They actually did a study on the reaction time of Marines to a hostile situation. Now some of these tested were hardened Vietnam vets including some that survived the Tet Offensive. It took the average Marine around 2 seconds to recognize an actual hostile actor in video imagery. It took an additional 1.5 seconds for them to react to it. If I remember right, the video test resulted in about 10% friendly fire incidents too. Now putting that in real encounters with bears, most civilians will take at least twice that before they recognize danger. There is a risk of someone trying to shoot a bear and shoot a fellow hunter instead. Bravado is not the ideal behavior if you face a bear. I am not even sure what I would do if I faced a full on charge rather than bluff charges I faced so far.

Those goats were secretly laughing at that silly bear. The bear was secretly laughing at the guy recording him crapping his pants. lol

Back