Surprised Hiker Catches Grizzly Barreling Towards Mountain Goats

I spent part of my time in the 3rd Infantry Division in the Marine Corps. They actually did a study on the reaction time of Marines to a hostile situation. Now some of these tested were hardened Vietnam vets including some that survived the Tet Offensive. It took the average Marine around 2 seconds to recognize an actual hostile actor in video imagery. It took an additional 1.5 seconds for them to react to it. If I remember right, the video test resulted in about 10% friendly fire incidents too. Now putting that in real encounters with bears, most civilians will take at least twice that before they recognize danger. There is a risk of someone trying to shoot a bear and shoot a fellow hunter instead. Bravado is not the ideal behavior if you face a bear. I am not even sure what I would do if I faced a full on charge rather than bluff charges I faced so far.

Those goats were secretly laughing at that silly bear. The bear was secretly laughing at the guy recording him crapping his pants. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back