Suppressor Tax Stamp

A guy I know wants to sell me one used, but can’t cus I don’t have the permit. Can I still do my permit through that website? Originally I was told to get a form from my local sheriffs office and they acted like I was speaking Russian and told me to visit a website which I did and couldn’t find any of the proper info.
I assume they just do all this work for their customers. But as mentioned by others you can do it yourself and your local FFL. There are a bunch of websites that describe the DIY path and you FFL could help as well. I don't know if you can do without FFL in the middle, but I am no expert.

some people claim filing as a trust takes a little longer receiving approval from the ATF but I can't confirm any of that.

The statistics suggest that a trust adds on average 2 months to the wait, but my last trust-based stamp arrived in 4 months - lots of variability in the process.

I assume they just do all this work for their customers. But as mentioned by others you can do it yourself and your local FFL. There are a bunch of websites that describe the DIY path and you FFL could help as well. I don't know if you can do without FFL in the middle, but I am no expert.
From my readings - as long as both parties reside in the same state (in most states) you can cut out the need for an FFL. Both parties will need to fill out the Form 4.

If the seller is in a different state and not an FFL they need to complete a form 4 to transfer to their local FFL. Seller's FFL does a form 3 to transfer to buyer's local FFL, and the purchaser completes a form 4. A LOT of hassle and 400 bucks plus FFL fees.

If it was May when you applied you have many months to wait. LOL Don't ask how I know, Also unsure if COVID is slowing things most employees on the fed level are on telework status and that varies by office and agency also. Some are shut totally down 100% telework some are up to 50% alternating staff.

From my readings - as long as both parties reside in the same state (in most states) you can cut out the need for an FFL. Both parties will need to fill out the Form 4.

If the seller is in a different state and not an FFL they need to complete a form 4 to transfer to their local FFL. Seller's FFL does a form 3 to transfer to buyer's local FFL, and the purchaser completes a form 4. A LOT of hassle and 400 bucks plus FFL fees.
Just buy new from Silencershop.

A guy I know wants to sell me one used, but can’t cus I don’t have the permit. Can I still do my permit through that website? Originally I was told to get a form from my local sheriffs office and they acted like I was speaking Russian and told me to visit a website which I did and couldn’t find any of the proper info.

Getting a suppressor doesn’t require a “permit”. Buying a used suppressor is the same process as buying a new one. Fill out a for 4 and wait. If he’s giving you a decent price break, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a used one.

I finally pulled the trigger on a suppressor from Silencer Shop. Anyone submitted fingerprints without using a Kiosk? Doesn't seem to be one nearby.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back