Sunrise/Sunset table

Dakotakid

Does anyone convert the sunrise/sunset tables into a little more usable form?
I get annoyed trying to track the date across the 11 different months to get to November.

Does onx import the table for todays date? Or has anyone dropped it into a spreadsheet to delete past months?

Does anyone convert the sunrise/sunset tables into a little more usable form?
I get annoyed trying to track the date across the 11 different months to get to November.

Does onx import the table for todays date? Or has anyone dropped it into a spreadsheet to delete past months?
I just use the printed copy in the regs and employ a highly technoglcal devise to highlight times in the periods of hunting. Use of the Pointed End Newly Cut Instrument Leaded device allows me to circle the pertinent dates and times.

I used to pdf monthly calendars from sunrise sunset.com or something or other. Now, phone apps.
Screenshot_20231117-112051.png

If you need sunrise sunset times for calculating exact legal shooting time load the Ducks Unlimited app on your phone. It has all that on there based on your current location.

Example:IMG_1012.png
At 6:17 tomorrow morning, 30 minutes before sunrise, the red will turn to green, giving you the go ahead to fire at will. Throughout the day the clock counts down toward end of legal shooting light.

If you need sunrise sunset times for calculating exact legal shooting time load the Ducks Unlimited app on your phone. It has all that on there based on your current location.

Example:View attachment 302152
At 6:17 tomorrow morning, 30 minutes before sunrise, the red will turn to green, giving you the go ahead to fire at will. Throughout the day the clock counts down toward end of legal shooting light.
I like that. Thanks

My watch tells me, but you have to sync it to the town closest. Thinking of printing one off and taping it to my rangefinder for next year

Washington regs just list Eastside and Westside and go a week at a time. My experience, the times are too generous. If I can still see my target, I'm good to go. Usually I am legal about 10 minutes after I can't see at all, and that is being outside with my eyes adjusting as dusk settles in.

I just screen shot the NOAA table after inputting my lat long on the website.

I normally just take a picture of the sunrise and set time from the weather app. I figure it will only change a couple minutes over the hunt. If I need a time and I’m without service I’ll message the wife and ask for an update Sun rise and set time.

Example:View attachment 302152

Thank you very much, that is what I was searching for.
Can a person change the alarm sounds say, to a buck grunt or magpie squawk, something less… out of place?

Last edited:
Thank you very much, that is what I what I was searching for.
Can a person change the alarm sounds say, to a buck grunt or magpie squawk, something less… out of place?
I don’t know if you can or not, I only use it in a duck blind where sounds didn’t matter. When I’m deer hunting etc I don’t ever look at shooting times. I bet unless you have your volume way up it won’t matter.

My garmin watch I have set up to show sunrise/sunset, but afield-i just set 2 alarms on vibrate, sunrise-30 minutes and sunset+30minutes (legal hours)

Any $20 timex or Casio can do that, doesn't need to be a smart watch at all.

I use "sundroid" app, free and has widget you can put on phones home screen. Refresh it to get daily times updates at your locations, one of the few apps i actually use for hunting.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back