Sunglasses

NDMuley

For anyone that has fished the gulf of Mexico coast in Florida. What would recommend for a good pair of sunglasses for fishing. Thanks

Costa. I prefer the glass lenses (580G) with the blue mirror. Although the glass lenses are heavier than the poly, for my eyes the clarity was worth the weight.

While I haven't specifically fished the Gulf of Mexico I've fished Cabo San Lucas and the Florida Keys over several days with no buyer's remorse. IIRC all the guides were wearing Costa glasses with blue mirrored lenses too.

Haven't fished the gulf but have fished similar waters, and agree with blue or green mirror. I like Costas and Smiths myself

Costa. I prefer the glass lenses (580G) with the blue mirror. Although the glass lenses are heavier than the poly, for my eyes the clarity was worth the weight.

While I haven't specifically fished the Gulf of Mexico I've fished Cabo San Lucas and the Florida Keys over several days with no buyer's remorse. IIRC all the guides were wearing Costa glasses with blue mirrored lenses too.
Another vote.

Maui Jim’s for years now. Great lenses, great customer service, good warranty, ridiculously expensive (truth). Marlin frames this time, transition lenses,
Lots of guys like Costa’s. Over 50 years working on the Oceans. Quality sunglasses matter.

Last edited:
Blue lenses for the deep water, Green for the lakes and rivers. I actually just got my costa broadbills in blue for a trip tomorrow im going on. They are super comfortable, block out blue and yellow rays. very clear too.

Back