Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sunday Pic of the Day

My DIL was concerned about the grandboys adopting their 4H pigs as pets, so she named them Porkchop and Bacon.
We raised pigs for quite a few years when the kids (now 46 and 48) were at home. My daughter would name them so we could tell which pig was which. When we butchered them we put the pigs name on the freezer packages.

my son has no problem eating the pigs he raises. even if they don't show them it's a great responsibility to learn.

my son has no problem eating the pigs he raises. even if they don't show them it's a great responsibility to learn.
Yup, oldest step son took it and ran with it last year. Did chores every morning night/cleaned pens twice a week. Never missed a beat. Didn't tell him til the pigs were gone that he was getting the check for all of them, just told him that they were his responsibility. He used that to buy these 5 this year. I like that spot you've got there.

Best eating pig I ever raised was a sow Duroc my daughter named peppa. Our new group of fresh recruits.View attachment 220344
More than likely that duroc stays in my freezer. I had one more in the trailer, I split 10 of them with my buddy. I was trying my best to keep both in with mine. He wouldn't let up, lol.

More than likely that duroc stays in my freezer. I had one more in the trailer, I split 10 of them with my buddy. I was trying my best to keep both in with mine. He wouldn't let up, lol.
That's how it was last year when we did pigs, The five other people all wanted the duroc, but since they were at my place and I did all the work, he ended up in my freezer.

Tried something different yesterday morning.
52038186832_55ee50057b_5k.jpg

Caught the PBR in Billings Friday night, I was blessed to be able to get arguably the best seat in the house , on the corner 15 yds from the chutes, on the fence with the bull riders warming 10ft away before their rides. Good times !!! Here’s a few pics that came out ok

Believe it or not, this cowboy was completely sideways, somehow recovered for the first 8 second ride of the night
076C7524-476C-4161-96D7-868772677FFF.jpeg
FDABD896-6A24-43A9-9D0A-0ABDAC92688F.jpeg

Don’t remember if this cowboy hung on for 8 or not , but the pics were cool 🤠
F8E789A1-F4FD-4ADF-B05E-EF023BD2E0CE.jpeg
E3D72929-005C-4BF3-A0EF-E03A5272A84A.jpeg

And came home with a great shirt
41865B2D-31FB-40BF-B33C-6C06C6BCB84E.jpeg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member