Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Sunday Pic of the Day

Sunday Morning Camp Chef. Frosty night in the Big Anges. Still Ought for Nothing on Pike. We were blessed with a Ruffed Grouse on the driveway when we got home. She made a very good egg, toast, and sausage breakfast. We also put our tent on a whole colony of ladybugs. We ended up having them crawling on us all night.
IMG_1457.JPG
IMG_1468.JPG
My granddaughter took the picture while I held the grouse. She ended up saying that she thought it was weird how you could just pull the skin and feathers right of the meat, because I told her how we woud leave the feathers and skin in the woods before they made it a law that you have to take the whole bird.

Saw this moose at work the other day...looking east into the morning sun obscured by smoke:

IMG_20200917_073054571.jpg

Grouse hunting in the afternoon, 2 shots fired, all birds surviving

View attachment 155708

Walked about 8 miles of exactly this on Saturday, North of Cumberland, with a friend of mine before getting rained out. 12 birds flushed, 1 shot taken, no birds were had. Grouse hunting is tough without a pointer. Still better than a good day at work.

My little boys and some of their cousins caught enough monarch caterpillars on G'pa & G'mas "farm" over the summer for everyone's household to raise one. Took about 2 weeks from cocoon to wings, but the transformations themselves, once begun, (we were lucky enough to catch them both) took less than 30 minutes to complete. Nature is wild!

20170904_084017.jpg20170904_122912.jpg20170915_074344.jpg

My little boys and some of their cousins caught enough monarch caterpillars on G'pa & G'mas "farm" over the summer for everyone's household to raise one. Took about 2 weeks from cocoon to wings, but the transformations themselves, once begun, (we were lucky enough to catch them both) took less than 30 minutes to complete. Nature is wild!

View attachment 155743View attachment 155744View attachment 155745
Sweet! Milkweed is the ticket when wanting to attract them.

Back