Sunday Pic of the Day

My sister has little regard for decency and surrounds herself with a bunch of losers that will take advantage of her poor choice of friends. She has always had no clear vision of correctness. She has a good heart and thinks she can help these kinds of people at the expense of herself. As a result, she attracts the dregs that no one else will tolerate and everything soon becomes a wreck.

My father helped my grandfather build that cabin in 1938 with crosscut saws and double bitted axes. I grew up spending summers there and loved that cabin and the history of the homestead and the rustic settings of the area.

My mother left the 2 cabins and the property to my sister when she died. It became hers and I can’t intervene with her choice of friends or maintenance, so it has been hard to watch the decay.

It isn’t my property to manage, but it is impossible to not have some feelings about what happened to it. It would not have been good for that occupant had I still had any ownership in that property…
THAT is a shitty situation.
Very sorry to hear.
So much of historical value in Montana going to hell by wealthy out of staters, and low life's.

I just bought a 52" Gravely.
5 acres and yard ain't nothing now.😉View attachment 279554
Between my house, my mom's, and a sister I keep about 24 acres mowed. Had a cub cadet tank 60 inch but was always working on it in the spring to get it started and through the summer to keep it going got tired of it. How you like the Gravely so far?

Hit the lake this weekend with my dad. Wind was blowing pretty good but we found some active fish. After we had a few in the box, my wife called and said my son woke up from a nap and wanted to come fishing. We headed back to the dock and picked him up. He liked “racing” the other boats, playing with all the minnows, and watching the graph move. Grandpa ended up helping him reel in his first two fish, a couple good eater walleyes. High 5s and hugs all around. It was a special day.
output_image1686435664513.jpeg

Between my house, my mom's, and a sister I keep about 24 acres mowed. Had a cub cadet tank 60 inch but was always working on it in the spring to get it started and through the summer to keep it going got tired of it. How you like the Gravely so far?
I am 100% happy with this mower. My five acres is a mixture of prairie grasses, alfalfa, with some noxious. In an effort to keep things in check I typically mow it 2-3 times a year during the early season growth spurt.
The past few years I have rented a neighbors BadBoy, which I really liked, but it became a pain to coordinate.
I was unfamiliar with Gravely but had confidence in the local dealer. I also had a price point I wanted to stick to.
The mower lacks high end suspension which only plays out at high speeds....never felt like I had boobies before. 23 horse 726 cc is plenty of power. The 52" deck fits on my atv trailer, deciding factor, I wasn't about to drive a bigger mower on my 16' flatbed car hauler.
It is SO damn nice not to push a mower through the flak jacket of growth over my drain field.
Deck adjustment is manual by foot pedal. Ok with that, too.
Thumbs up so far.
Nice looking BadBoy @WildWill . Can't go wrong with that.

Took the grandkids on a bike ride in the Hiawatha trail near Saint Regis, Montana. We stayed at the Havenac Historic Tree Nursery and got a picture of them on the monument to the CCC men that worked on projects like this during the depression. Their great grandfather was one of those men who was a lead faller on a road building project around Hebgen Lake, Montana…

IMG_1452.jpegIMG_1458.jpeg

Turtle nesting continues here. I caught 7 different snappers this wknd laying, there's nesting spots like this all along my damn. Sunday morning early I walked up and caught a raccoon digging up eggs right beside to other snappers laying. Survival rate has to be terrible, coons are hammering it. Painted Turtle crossing my drive heading to the party.
tempImageFHR2E4.jpg
tempImagemWlbgV.jpg
tempImage1NbMsO.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back