Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Sunday Pic of the Day

I always wanted an outdoor job, looking at the forecast I'm questioning that decision. It was 104 here yesterday and I was sweating profusely while working on a combine. If I'm never seen on HT again, it means a combine breaks this coming Tuesday and I melted.
View attachment 186790
I thought of you (and this week’s forecast) as I drove through southcentral Washington last week.

BTW - I think farmers should be required to put up big signs that identify each crop. There were several that stumped me. One turned out to be carrots grown for seed.

D1184D2D-3FA1-4FB7-A35B-8E7BD5C9F924.jpeg

Drove past a barn the other day that someone had painted a Redman logo on. View attachment 186766
Growing up in southeastern OH, there were lots of barns with an entire side painted in Mail Pouch logo. My neighbor was one of the last people painting them, and he estimated that he’d done at least a thousand of them. Thx for bringing back the memory @geetar!

Growing up in southeastern OH, there were lots of barns with an entire side painted in Mail Pouch logo. My neighbor was one of the last people painting them, and he estimated that he’d done at least a thousand of them. Thx for bringing back the memory @geetar!
I don’t chew myself but I love those old painted advertisements. This is just east of Charlotte in Midland, NC area.

I ain’t normally a birder but I admit I like the sound hundreds of red winged blackbirds make. Reminds me of fishing with my Dad at lake casitas in the 1960s and 70s. It’s a mesmerizing sound.
Red wing blackbirds are a sweet corn growers worst nightmare.
flocks of them go from field to field each one perching on a ear of corn and with their claws tear open the end peck out a couple kernels and move to the next one. Once tore open ants take over and you end up with a none salable ear. A lot of people use noise cannons. I always like to see them in the spring means winter is about over but other than that they SUCK !!!!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back