suggestion to have a good pair of Bino's

vic-hunt

Have vixen Foresta, which to my experience is not very good at dusk and dawn. any suggestion on a good pair in a low light ?

Last edited:
I can see Swarovski are over $2000, bit too much I dont know if its worth

There are good values in any budget range. Let us know what you're willing to spend and we can suggest some options. There are some good values out there, but generally you get what you pay for.

Mavens are a great value. Near top quality glass for budget pricing. The C1s run $300ish, and B1s $900ish - best value in the market in my opinion. Of course of money is no object, then Swaros are a great choice.

The C1's Vikingsguy suggested are a great bino. I'd also take a look at used Meopta Meostars ~$700 range, Zeiss Conquest ~700 range, or the Maven B series.

If your looking for a good pair of glass at a low price then check out the Vortex Diamondback 10x42 HD's.

[
I have a pair and they work surprisingly well for their price point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked out the Nikons HG and loved them. Haven't bought them yet as I am still looking to steal some Swaros but they seemed really really good.

yeah I have seen Swaros 10x42 compare to all other model they were the best but don't think I will get the value out of my hunting with them.
only because on my last stalking I missed out a Sambar deer next to fellow due to low light and missed out on taking a shot I am thinking to get a better Bino.
my budget is around $1000. vortex seems to be very promising specially viper and razor, prize ranging from 1000 to 1800 but not sure which one to go for.
someone suggested if i am looking to spend 1500 I better put little more and buy Swaros for 2000.
this is bit confusing me and I don't wanted to regret thinking I would have gone for Swaros. after I buy one.

Last edited:
I got a new pair of SLCs this spring for well under $2,000.00. You won’t find the low prices advertised. You need to call around. Camera shops often have good pricing.

yeah I have seen Swaros 10x42 compare to all other model they were the best but don't think I will get the value out of my hunting with them.
only because on my last stalking I missed out a Sambar deer next to fellow due to low light and missed out on taking a shot I am thinking to get a better Bino.
my budget is around $1000. vortex seems to be very promising specially viper and razor, prize ranging from 1000 to 1800 but not sure which one to go for.
someone suggested if i am looking to spend 1500 I better put little more and buy Swaros for 2000.
this is bit confusing me and I don't wanted to regret thinking I would have gone for Swaros. after I buy one.
For $900 mavens will beat any vortex under $1300. I have used side by side with buddies. YMMV.

For $900 mavens will beat any vortex under $1300. I have used side by side with buddies. YMMV.

I believe that the B series of Mavens is also made here in the US. Is it the only company that actually makes a US made product?

Just an additional bonus for those who care about that stuff.

The Maven B series have "Japanese components assembled in the US" so I guess you could say they're made in the US? Regardless they make a good product.

I won't mention the retailer as they aren't a sponsor here, but you can get a pair of refurbished Vortex Razor 10x42's for $725 currently. I would echo the Maven B2's as well, those are incredible binoculars. And of course Swarovski.

Maven value in b and c series is awesome. The C1s are such a clear bino for entry/mid range. Lots of good options at $800 plus if you feel the need to go there.

I have been happy with my Nikon Monarch 7s in 10x42. I can still see through it when I can't with my rifle scope.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back