Successful Season

WestT

I haven't had a chance to share much of my hunting from this past season but thought I would give a quick update. Note: Antlers aren't required to reach tophy status for me! Great thing is they were all taken with a different weapon and are providing me and my family with great table fair!

The first was taken in early archery season here in IL. Just one of those times when the deer read the script and came right to me as if it were following a map or something. Couldn't believe it but I'd just assume be lucky as good! Put an arrow through the heart and watched her drop.

The elk was killed in CO during the first rifle season. We backpacked in on a total DIY. Great experience!!! Four of us in the group with two elk taken, a missed shot by one, and several close calls for the other. We bucked the odds and couldn't have been happier. Except maybe during the 3 days two of us spent packing those elk out.

Lastly, looked in the freezer and realized I was out of brats, breakfast sausage, and snack sticks and was concerned. Went out on the last day of late antlerless gun season in IL and was able to put a stalk on in the snow to put this doe down with a shotgun. Of course the girls got cold and had to drag it in by myself:)!!

Attachments

• IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 915
  • IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    245.8 KB · Views: 918
  • IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 922
Looks like you had a good time. Congrads on a freezer filling year.

Looks like you and your family will be enjoying the fruits of your labor every time you sit down for dinner. Congratulations!

Back