Successful draw! WY Area 68 Antelope

CGeminski42

Last year I successfully drew WY Area 68 for Antelope. This was a hunt my buddy and I had saved up points for years to do and we were looking forward to it. Unfortunately, two family members experienced life threatening medical emergencies at exactly the same time days before my departure. I had to call my buddy and tell him the hunt was off and hope WY Game & Fish would refund our tags and give our points back. After gathering tons of supporting information forms from doctors and sending it to WY Game & Fish, we got our money and points back... and applied for the same area again this year. Another successful draw (we got to experience THAT part two years in a row, LOL). Both family members are doing much better and we cant wait to head west this fall to chase Antelope and a few trout on the flyrod!

If anyone else drew WY Area 68 for Pronghorn Antelope, I would love to hear from you!

It is funny that Wyoming made you go that route. My father ended up in the hospital last year and Wyoming allowed our party to postpone our hunt to this year. We had to do the same thing you did, show a doctor's note and fill out a few forms. We have had our tags in hand since April.

Good luck on your hunt!

Hunted and fished 68 last year with my 7 yr old son in tow. Had a great hunt. Hunted the last week of September and the rut was in full swing, only hunted during the weekdays and had absolutely minimal competition. Lots of goats, lots of land to roam and excellent fishing!

Biggest piece of advice I can give you is to spend a few days and look over as many bucks as you can before deciding on one. In hindsight I wish I would've left my rifle in the truck those first few days!

Bring a float tube if you have one, the Sinclair fuel station in Alcova is a great pit stop.

If you have any specific questions or concerns just send a PM.

Hunted and fished 68 last year with my 7 yr old son in tow. Had a great hunt. Hunted the last week of September and the rut was in full swing, only hunted during the weekdays and had absolutely minimal competition. Lots of goats, lots of land to roam and excellent fishing!

Biggest piece of advice I can give you is to spend a few days and look over as many bucks as you can before deciding on one. In hindsight I wish I would've left my rifle in the truck those first few days!

Bring a float tube if you have one, the Sinclair fuel station in Alcova is a great pit stop.

If you have any specific questions or concerns just send a PM.
Just PM'd you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back