Yeti GOBOX Collection

Strangest thing you've ever seen while hunting?

Moosie

Grand poopa
Tell me a story... I want to hear anythnig that has happend to you that you've seen while hunting ......

I would have to say that would be one pointers NAKED friend(a guy also) that was up on the mountain with him...

Delw

I was not hunting and it wasn't strange in 1994 when my wife and I were getting married we had a big family BBQ out at the parents farm and my sister and her family had come up from california with one of those little tacobell dogs it was running around in a freshly cut hay feild chasing mice when we heard it scream we all turned and looke and a big golden eagle was carrying off the little thing. My sister was pissed but I think it was the funniest thing I ever saw.

walking through the woods one mid-morning after what I heard as being someone in our group shoot.....anyway walking quietly over the ridge....I saw a hunter on the ground...well it had something to do with a dying quiver :eek:

While up fishing in the high country, hikeing a creek for trout. I came around a corner and saw a couple...er...ah... playing hide the salami on a rock out in the middel of the creek.
Ya know, I just couldn't bring myself to eat any of thoses brook trout I caught downstream

I saw a set of tracks thru fresh snow in the cascades on a mountain called the little giant. I couldn't explain what they were, took one of my brothers up to see it also. We were on the early buck hunt. Seems it was around the 75-8 thousand foot leval. Any way the tracks went from one ridge, down into the gully up to where I saw them, down and disappeared over the next. Years later I was watching one of those show's on unsolved mysteries and there was the same tracks. They were in Florida supposedly caused by some lizard man.....
This could not have been a hoaks. The tracks were to narrow to be a human, kind of looked like bird tracks with out the hind digit and were about 10 inces long.....Belive it or not. It makes no diff. to me.... :eek::eek::eek: :D

This was pretty strange. I shot a deer on this steep hill and it did a flip, kind of a flying sommersault forward threw the air, trying to run away and something flew out up in the air when the deer went down the hill the other way. When I got up to it, it was gutted, pretty much.

Now that's a polesmoking shot, eh? Maybe that's just a Montana term or a Greenhorn term. :D ;)

We were at the ranch, all sleeping in our trailers, and got up in the morning to find a wierd track all around and through camp. It was about 3/4-inch wide, like someone dragging a stick through the dirt. It was continuous, and we at first thought that some poacher/trespasser had wheeled a one-wheel game cart/wheelbarrow through camp. But there were no footprints of any kind, just the long shallow rut. And it was perfectly straight - not wavy like a snake would make. This was dust, too, so there was no way for anything not to leave tracks.

Now you'll think I'm nuts, but I saw a huge UFO one time at night - and I mean Battlestar Gallactica huge. :eek:

Maybe some one came thru your camp on a uni-cycle....one could leave a very interesting print with that.... :D :D :D

Strangest thing I saw,Steve and I were elk hunting ,he was in front of me when he stopped and said OH SHIT look at the size of that!!!!!
I thought WOW it must be a nice animal so I hurried up to get a look :eek: :eek:
little did I know at the time that Steve's sense of humor ran alot like greenhorns -----cause there in the middle of the trail was the biggest turd I had ever seen
Im about gaging when Steves says" man looks like a big ol log of bean dip,ya got chips?
Someone must of been mighty proud of that to have left it right out in the open and on the trail ."
Im not sure what I think was the strangest -----the person that left it or Steve for thinking I really needed to see it!!!!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-11-2002 07:18: Message edited by: Muledeer4me ]</font>

One time, me and my brother and grandpa were doing a little preseason scouting, and hauling wood for a deerstand across our property. walking on the edge of a woods and a thigh high soybean field, all of a sudden my brothers like, "holy shit, deer!" we look, and this huge cow, i dont know what kind, but the kind with the real real long hair, jumps up. my grandpa herded it off the property with a two by four.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back