Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Stove for 12 x 14 Wall Tent?

samuel_284Win

Fellow HT members,
I recently obtained a 12 x 14 MT Canvas Wall Tent. Looking to purchase a wood stove for the tent and wondered if anyone has a suggestion on the best stove based on previous use or what you would like out of your current stove setup? Wall tent will be used a lot during late-season elk and deer so will experience cold MT winter weather. Thanks for the help.

I have the smaller Davis stove, and I like it. If it didn’t come as part of the tent package I might have bought a Riley packable stove instead.

I really like my Four Dog stove but this is the only one I have owned. Don who builds them in MN is a great guy. I feel as though this one seals well compared to others so you can dial in the venting for longer burns.

9C16B45D-FB5E-4830-BCE4-58A8C6C9E65F.jpeg

We have a heavy wood stove we won in a raffle about 25 years or so ago. It is great but very heavy.
If we had to buy today Four Dog would probably be the choice, or another lighter weight stove.
Our tent is 12 x14 also and it doesn't take much to get it hot inside with a good fire in the stove.

DSCN4442 copy.jpg

Fellow HT members,
I recently obtained a 12 x 14 MT Canvas Wall Tent. Looking to purchase a wood stove for the tent and wondered if anyone has a suggestion on the best stove based on previous use or what you would like out of your current stove setup? Wall tent will be used a lot during late-season elk and deer so will experience cold MT winter weather. Thanks for the help.
Before you buy, check out the Winnerwell brand, made in Salt Lake City. I have their "Woodlander" model. Their stoves are all stainless steel with fold up legs. The stove pipes are 4" stainless also and nest for transport inside the stove. They are pretty compact, as I can fit mine in a plastic pannier insert for mule packing. Because they are stainless steel, they are thin walled, but yet extremely strong. They only weigh about 35 lbs. too. I can fit 15" long wood sections in them and it heats my wall tent up in less than 5 min. and I have a poly material tent, not canvas. The downside is the cost, in that they are pricey at $450 or so, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. Worth your time to check out. Customer service is good.

Has anyone used an electric heater in their wall tent? Or maybe it wouldn't perform?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back