Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Stockys ultra carbon tikka vertical grip

There’s a coupon code out there from Stocky’s for a 30% discount. Gets you down to Black Friday pricing.

If I didn’t have a couple savings account drainers pop up in the last month I’d be snagging a couple.

Now I just need the 7 prc to put one on…. ⏰

There’s a coupon code out there from Stocky’s for a 30% discount. Gets you down to Black Friday pricing.

If I didn’t have a couple savings account drainers pop up in the last month I’d be snagging a couple.
Is that the price that is being shown on their website?

Here’s the actual photo of one they pulled out of the mold
View attachment 309724

Hmmmm… maybe it’s like my Dad’s old 1st Generation Cummins Dodge? Ugly, but gets the job done? I’ll need to see more photos. Wait, maybe it’s like this car… modern, fast, but why a station wagon? Utility!?

9A72AB4E-216A-40DD-BA97-6404637CB27C.jpeg

Reactions: stk
@Weimer @brockel

I've got one, beta test version but they didn't change the geometry.

It's nice to shoot, there's nothing I've shot (and I've shot nearly everything decent) that I like as much at this weight point. It's solidly ahead of the Stocky's vertical grip or the CTR, neither are my favorite but both are quite serviceable. I'd put it neck and neck with a Bravo ergonomically, I slightly prefer a few parts of each. Win to the Rokstock on the weight, and the lack of things to go wrong or come out of adjustment.

The comb is no issue. Big earmuffs will make contact in a few positions but not to the point it stops you from getting a good position. I run the same rings I do with a CTR stock.

10ish people have shot this one. The only ergonomic complaint was one shooter thought the scope was too high in my chosen rings, he'd have been better off with mediums. It doesn't look conventional, that's for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_7767.jpeg
    IMG_7767.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
@Weimer @brockel

I've got one, beta test version but they didn't change the geometry.

It's nice to shoot, there's nothing I've shot (and I've shot nearly everything decent) that I like as much at this weight point. It's solidly ahead of the Stocky's vertical grip or the CTR, neither are my favorite but both are quite serviceable. I'd put it neck and neck with a Bravo ergonomically, I slightly prefer a few parts of each. Win to the Rokstock on the weight, and the lack of things to go wrong or come out of adjustment.

The comb is no issue. Big earmuffs will make contact in a few positions but not to the point it stops you from getting a good position. I run the same rings I do with a CTR stock.

10ish people have shot this one. The only ergonomic complaint was one shooter thought the scope was too high in my chosen rings, he'd have been better off with mediums. It doesn't look conventional, that's for sure.
Which scope is that and how do you like it?

Which scope is that and how do you like it?

Maven RS1.2 - it has a very good feature set & reticle for a field scope. Mine has behaved itself so far, but I'm pretty skeptical of new scope designs and don't have the same trust in it I do with Nightforce's, and I've even seen issues there.

Maven RS1.2 - it has a very good feature set & reticle for a field scope. Mine has behaved itself so far, but I'm pretty skeptical of new scope designs and don't have the same trust in it I do with Nightforce's, and I've even seen issues there.
I’m basically trying to decide between that maven or a nightforce nx8 for a tikka 6.5prc. I wish maven made the rs5 in ffp

I’m basically trying to decide between that maven or a nightforce nx8 for a tikka 6.5prc. I wish maven made the rs5 in ffp
JLS just got that maven. I don’t need a new scope but it looks pretty nice. I’ve been really impressed with my Trijicon credo lately too.

Back