Stockys ultra carbon tikka vertical grip

brockel

Have a Stockys ultra carbon vertical grip right hand stock for t3 lite barrel channel. Stock started as their carbon fiber pattern. Didn’t like how slick it was so I put some texture on the grip areas and then repainted it. Nothing wrong with it just going a different direction. $475 shipped
34DFE269-44AE-4D8F-8C60-E53603DE1F1E.jpeg
A159012D-F252-465A-B515-7CA9869BC83E.jpeg

Gotta see if the hype is real. If Stockys had wait times like McMillan I wouldn’t have sold it but even out of stock stuff Stockys is still really fast at getting it shipped so I’m not worried
I think its going to be a winner. I would have got in on the pre-order but I've got some other financial fish to fry right now and I'm trying to be a bit thrifty. I will own one at some point, I think.

Gotta see if the hype is real. If Stockys had wait times like McMillan I wouldn’t have sold it but even out of stock stuff Stockys is still really fast at getting it shipped so I’m not worried
Seems gimmicky to me. I don't see how the comb being below the top of the recoil pad will be at all comfortable or practical for field use. Maybe prone shooting off of bags..maybe.

Interested in hearing your report.

Seems gimmicky to me. I don't see how the comb being below the top of the recoil pad will be at all comfortable or practical for field use. Maybe prone shooting off of bags..maybe.

Interested in hearing your report.

That’s why I figured I’d try one out. Gunwerks has been doing it for a few years so it’s not something new. It just bucks traditional styles and people have issues with change.

@brockel how do the Stocky’s sporter carbon fiber stocks compare to the B&C? I’m thinking about trying one for my .308, but I like the B&C stocks I’ve had too.

@brockel how do the Stocky’s sporter carbon fiber stocks compare to the B&C? I’m thinking about trying one for my .308, but I like the B&C stocks I’ve had too.

I’ve only had one of their sporter stocks so not a lot of experience but it doesn’t seem to be built as good as the b&c or their vertical grip Carbon fiber. It’s the same stock howa puts on their superlites

That’s why I figured I’d try one out. Gunwerks has been doing it for a few years so it’s not something new. It just bucks traditional styles and people have issues with change.
Ya and the Fieldcraft. The RS takes the concept to an extreme though. It could all be marketing and their final product not look like their previews too.

Ya and the Fieldcraft. The RS takes the concept to an extreme though. It could all be marketing and their final product not look like their previews too.

I’ve owned a couple Mesa precision arms stocks and their stock design causes quite a bit of muzzle rise compared to the Stockys ultra carbon vertical grip. I’m hoping even more negative comb removes even more muzzle rise

I’ve owned a couple Mesa precision arms stocks and their stock design causes quite a bit of muzzle rise compared to the Stockys ultra carbon vertical grip. I’m hoping even more negative comb removes even more muzzle rise
I have an Allterra stock with a negative comb that does seem to live up to the claims of lessening muzzle jump. It replaced a Mesa Precision Arms stock that exaggerated the jump. I stopped by Unknown Munitions during a visit to Idaho last week and was able to handle the second 3-D printed RokStok (heel 3/4” above bore). It felt really nice. The heel has been dropped to 1/2” above bore on the production model. I am waiting to see what the production model weighs before I order one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back