State Laws Against Hunting, etc.

wyomingtim

OK, I need some help here. I need a list of which states have put bans on hunting, fishing, and/or trapping. A state Senator here in Nebraska has proposed a State Constitutional Amendment that would protect those rights for the people of Nebraska. Another Sen. is fighting it saying "Nebraska would never pass a law" outlawing any of those. I know there are some states that have done it, I just can't remember all of them. I plan on writing a nice letter to a bunch of the Senators expressing my views. I would encourage any Nebraska residents out there (as well as those of you who visit Nebraska for those pleasures) to write the state senators as well.

Thanks
Tim

New Jersey has banned leg hold trapping, and the possession of leg hold traps. If you have your granddad's traps, your in violation of the law.

Tim, the problem with those "right to hunt" amendments is that they always include a clause that allows the state to limit hunting & fishing when wildlife conditions need it. That sounds OK in theory and we all know how it's MEANT to be interpreted, but the ARA's see that clause as their loophole. Basically, it changes nothing for them, because they can still get their laws passed as long as they convince the gubmint that it's necessary.

I'm sure you probably know... CA has not lion season. Some states have outlawed the use of dogs to hunt lions (WA, is one)

This is canada but no spring bear hunts in Ontario any more...

Bear hunting had been suspened in NJ for the last 37 years or something, last year was the first since then and the anti's have been trying out law the hunting of them indefinatly... they'll probably get it done too.

Back