Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Started the day really mad but have to be thankful.....

SFC B

This morning I went out to start my car to take HP to school and am greeted by an open glovebox and my papers all over the front seat. Apparently I had forgotten to lock my vehicle and some F&*kstick had decided to rummage on though it. After I sorted that out I remember my welding bag with brand new jacket and hood were in the trunk. They had rummaged through that as well but not taken anything. Don't know what they were looking for but nothing there interested them. Off to school we went. When I got back I thought "well, I know the truck is locked but I should check" IT TOO? They had popped the old school locks on it and flipped the console over.........then I had a sense of dread. I had tools and a rifle behind the seat!!! (I know, total bonehead play on my part). I push the seat back up.....all still there!!! I said a little prayer of thanksgiving and STILL wonder what they were looking for? I can only think they didn't know to push the seat forward. Anyway, God is good and the day turned out ok :)

That's both unfortunate and also very, very lucky at the same time! Sorry some dirtbag had the nerve to enter your vehicle in the first place but so glad to hear nothing was taken.

That sucks and is irritating. That happened to me last year. The only thing of any value I had in there was the mag for my carry gun...which was in the house of course. I did file a police report because of the mag, but nothing ever came of it.

Did you have any garage door remotes in either car? If so, delete codes and reprogram.
Thieves suck, not that the country is immune, but someone has a 1/3 mile walk to get up my driveway, past the Pyrenees and driveway sensors.

Very similar here, the primary difference being.....they will never hear the bark! ;) memtb

I made the phone report and it looks like they went up the whole street. I am betting they were looking for guns or cash. My neighborhood is generally very nice but MAN I can't wait to get out to the country. 2 years and 6 months until HP graduates from HS......not that I am counting or anything ;)

Our property has those wanderous video / audio cameras covering every angle, routed to a secure internal storage as well as remote cloud link to view remotely. Cost a fraction up front though for a criminal element to reach our residence - there is record.
Pretty disappointing, SFC. Bummer to hear of such.

"God is good and the day turned out ok "
Had two incidents this week. 1- Someone took my granddaughters ATV. 2 -Someone loaded up truck with new home construction material.
She was in tears over her loss. The second is in jail.

I’ve been retired since 2011, hate to see car prowls reduced to phone reports that rarely get followed up on. We used to make good cases from Tacoma to Seattle to Everett based on a finger print or a serial number obtained by patrol investing 10 minutes investigating a simple car prowl.
Glad you didn’t loose anything important.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back