Caribou Gear

Stainless tumbling media?

mtmuley

Anybody using the stainless tumbling system? Looks like it's a little spendy at first to get started. I probably have picked up enough brass of various cartridges to pay for the system. If it really works like the claims, thought I could recover the investment selling my picked up brass. mtmuley

It is the best thing since sliced bread. Dawn soap, lemishine and tumble for less than and hour. I comercially process and sell brass at times and take my word for it, nothing else comes close.

While I haven't used it there are plenty of people that love it. I've always wanted to try it because I like my brass shiny. Plus it is infinitely usable compared to media that gets dirty. If you reload a lot then I think it would be worth it in the long run.

There are several places that have the media online...it costs about $8-10/lb. I think Harbor Freight has rock tumblers for like $35. So for about $75 total a person can do small batch brass cleaning. There is a guy that calls himself BiggDawg that has plans online (and sells complete kits) that can do up to 1000 pieces of pistol brass.

The stainless steel media makes brass, even very dirty cases, look better than new factory ammo. Beyond just looking good, it's nice having primer pockets that look new and are clean no matter how many times you reload them.

I use a poly concrete mixer with 50 lbs of media. I run 5000 308 at a time. The cheapest I found for media is buffalo arms out of Idaho.

Wonder how long a Harbor freight tumbler would last? Quality ones appoach 300 bucks. mtmuley

Based on the quality of their other stuff, I doubt the Harbor Freight one would last more than a couple years.

I just don't have room for a concrete mixer in my basement but for that price I might have to redecorate.

Frankford Arsenal just came out with a new tumbler that they say will hold 1000 pieces of .223 brass. I have seen it online at several sites. retails for right at $200

I use a poly concrete mixer with 50 lbs of media. I run 5000 308 at a time. The cheapest I found for media is buffalo arms out of Idaho.
Good grief man. So now I see you has a guy that likes to fly, shoots big animals, and cleans enough brass for a small malitia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back