Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Stabbed my shin on deadfall

np307

Okay. We have to get one thing out of the way first. This injury occurred while I was playing disc golf. Laugh and mock all you want, I enjoy it and it keeps me active in the off-season. So there we go. I was playing disc golf, recovered an errant shot from the woods, got tangled in some vines, and fell shin first onto a broken off branch on a downed pine.

It took internal dissolving stitches as well as 12 normal stitches to put things back together. The wound looks pretty good. If you look closely toward the top, you'll notice a darker spot. Thats muscle and not dried blood. Click the spoiler tag if you want to see the picture.

Just figured I would post this as a reminder to be careful out there. I'm actually thankful this occurred playing disc golf rather than several miles back or camping in the gorge. I had a friend with me and we were only about 5 minutes from an ER. Also very thankful I missed the tibial artery. Stay save out there folks.
IMG_4126.jpg

Wow your description did not do the picture justice! Im thinking the TQ should make it into my pack now...

Didn't know what to expect.

Now I'm a little shook.
There was a funny exchange with the doctor when she came in to look at it. The wound was covered up when she walked in the door and she goes "so I understand you have a leg laceration?" I replied "yeah, its pretty bad." She nonchalantly says "okay, let's take a look." She lifts the sheet off the leg and goes "Woah!" Then covered the leg back up.

Wow!! Hope you heal up quick and it don’t affect any upcoming hunts.

Days 1 and 2 were tough because it was so inflamed. Since then it has been progressively better. I get the stitches out Wednesday and should be good to go then.
Glad to hear it. Take care of yourself.

Wow!! Hope you heal up quick and it don’t affect any upcoming hunts.
Thanks. Archery opener is 9/12 so I'm planning on being in a tree. Probably on a lease I have and not in my favorite public spot though. Not sure I'll be ready for a pack in or out by then.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back