Spring Turkey 2019

singleshot1

This lovely spring weather in Illinois/Wisconsin sure made turkey hunting harder than it needed to be but still managed to fill 3 tags.

First bird was a beat up old ugly sucker missing most his tail feathers and appeared to have part of his beard frozen off.
1.jpg

Couple weeks later ventured out with my second Illinois tag in pocket, just happened to be the day after a fluke spring snowstorm.
3.jpg2.jpg

Last tag was a Wisconsin tag. Much nicer weather aside from rain storm after rain storm rolling through, finally had a clearing in the afternoon and tagged out. On this hunt I accomplished something I have always wanted to do and that was get a bearded hen, although she wasn't a big bird size wise at only 12lbs, she did however have an 8" beard. She will be proudly displayed in the man cave once she gets back from the taxidermist.
5.jpg6.jpg4.jpg

Can't wait for spring of 2020, will be hunting Goulds turkeys in search of the Royal Slam!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 0
Great job. My Illinois season was not as productive, but it was just as full of weather (snow...).

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back