PEAX Equipment

Spring bear Montana

midwesterncrosshair

I'm looking for anyone to tag along. I'm located in central IL and would like to go on a spring bear hunt in Montana. I could care less if you jumped in the truck with me from home and hauled it out there or I met you there. I am open or any week in the spring bear hunt.

Thanks.

That kinda felt like I was posting myself on a dating website........

Where in montana and what does your hunt look like to you (base camp, backpack in, glassing all day, walking roads, ect)?

I did post a thread about spring bear in the other game category, that was when my wife and I were going to hunt together. Since then we were offered and took up a free place to stay in Bozeman for a different vacation, she no longer wants to do the hunt. I still would like to but she’s firm on not letting me go alone for my first western/mountain hunt.

We were planning on camping on a trailhead and hiking trails and hills to glass. That was when she was going. Now I’m open for anything. I would love to hunt a bear but even if it’s going just to help someone glass/process/pack out a bear that would be a well worth it trip to me.

I live here in the west part of the state and am trying to plan my first spring bear hunt as well. I hunted hard this past fall and managed to get a whitetail toward the end of the season. I just moved out here last April and still have a lot to learn about hunting out west but would love to have someone or a group to head out with this spring. I'll be rifle hunting but haven't settled on a particular area yet.

I am a fish and wildlife major here in Bozeman and I lived in Central IL for quite sometime. Depending on when your coming I may be able to go with you. I harvested a black bear last fall and saw a few others while out bowhunting for elk. There are plenty of them around!

Well I know from 2018 Elk season that you should have no problem tagging a bear in either Region 1 or 2. Shoot a few wolfs while you are at it...

I’m planning a bear hunt in Wyoming or Idaho, but nothing is set in stone. I’ll be retired, so the wife and I will be out there in the toy hauler. Where in Central Illinois are you located?

Back