Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Spotting Scope Advice

mcelweed

My daughter and I both drew NM antelope for this year and I'm looking at getting a spotting scope for the hunt. I don't have a lot of money to spend and would like to keep my selection as light as possible. So, I'm looking for advice on a compact/lightweight spotting scope that doesn't sacrifice too much optical quality in the $300-400 range. I know, I'm not asking for much, huh? :rolleyes: Thanks for the input.

I'd answer that pm. I am VERY pleased with the Theron Saker spotter that I got from him.

Leupold makes a compact 15-30x50mm compact Gold Ring scope that I really like. It has very good optical quality, tough as heck, and small and compact. They run about $400.00 and are worth every penny.

Leupold makes a compact 15-30x50mm compact Gold Ring scope that I really like. It has very good optical quality, tough as heck, and small and compact. They run about $400.00 and are worth every penny.
Can be had for less than $400.. but unless I planned almost all backpack hunts I wouldn't recommend a 50mm as my only spotter.

Thanks for all the inputs. I think I'm going to go with the Vortex Diamonback 20-60x60. I have a website (promotive.com) I can get it for 40% off. Check it out and see if you qualify, I'm retired Air Force.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinhba
Back