MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Spotted head goose

Elk Turd

Can anyone help me out on this? I shot a goose sunday and it had a black and white spotted head and neck. No it wasn't a whooping crane!!!! :) It is a Canadian goose and was flying with a group of others. I wish the digital camera worked!

Has anyone ever heard or seen this?????

I think I will get it mounted it is so cool!!!

Elk Turd

Hard to say without seeing it. It may be a hybrid Canada/Snow cross. These occur occasionally. Or it might just be aberrant colored Canada. :confused: :confused:

Oak

Colorado Oak - Thanks for the reply!

Just chatted with Fish and Game and they said it was just a "unique" Canadian goose. I will have to get the pictures developed and post them.

I am going to get it mounted, it is cool!

:D :D :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

HEre ya go..........

"Turd, nice goose" or "nice goose turd" ah chit !nice bird dude! that will make a very unique lookin mount! :D congrats!

Ive seen geese like that before.. its rare, we see them here at the parks and golf course's.. I belive its a cross between a canadian and one of those park geese... Not sure..

cool goose

Delw

Cool goose, Turd! I'm going to check with my friend, who's more of a bird expert than even I am ;) ,and see if I can find an answer to this mystery.

Oak

That is one cool bird. Glad you are putting it on the wall.

BTW, what is a canadian goose? haha...

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-11-2001 17:16: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

Well, my birdy friend said that it is most likely just a case of leucism, which is the same thing that causes piebald deer. It's just a lack of pigment in certain areas.

Cool anyway! I'd have it mounted, too!

Oak

Colorado Oak - Tell your birdy friend thanks for the info. Is this the Micheal Jackson of Geese? (Pigmentally challanged?) :D

The bad thing about getting it mounted is now my wife wants the bathroom redone!! I think I will have to start saving reciepts! :D :D

mtmiller - A canadian goose is a goose with a passport? :rolleyes:

I have caught crap about that already!!!!

OK, it is a Canada Goose!!!!

Good luck this weekend to everyone. We are going out sunday.

Elk Turd

THATS aa might-ee FINE looking bird, AND I like the way you're holding it BUD :D :D

I think YOU took a picture of a turkey once holding it like that ...... NOW, Were is that picture that I modified ;) *SMILE*

-PIC CHANGER

Moosie - Hey man!!! No editing my pictures!! I will, um, I will, a, be a baby and yell at you, yeah, and then I will close your site, and then I will yell at you some more, and then cry, and then tell on you, and you will .........

:D

Modify all you want, I was jealous of that turkey by the time you got done with it! ;)

Elk Turd

DINGER.... NO need to CRY.. MAybe I'll just edit your Elk and Deer pic... ;)

J/K BRO !!! NExt year is OUR YEAR !!!! We'll both score with BOWS !!!!!

Back