Spot Shot - Wi-Fi scope camera

6mm Remington

I was looking at possibly getting a phone scope and the eyepiece attachment and the camera attachment for my phone so that I could use my spotting scope to take pictures on my phone and video's of animals and such at long range. I have my cell phone in a case to protect it and I found that every time I would want to use the spotting scope in this fashion to take a picture, I would first have to remove my phone case. Now if I ever changed phones it would also mean getting the new phone attachment to fit my new phone as they all are so different in dimensions. If I ever wanted to change spotting scopes, or use what I had on a buddies spotting scope, that also meant that the spotting scope attachment would also have to be changed and a new piece purchased. Then I found this and the guy at Sportsmans Warehouse turned me on to the Spot Shot.

The Spot Shot will work on all or just about each and every spotting scope made. It is extremely adjustable to fit on your particular spotting scope. That's it attach the Spot Shot and turn it on. Get the Wi-Fi for the Spot Shot a a download on your phone. Simple to do. Turn the Spot Shot on and link your phone to the new Wi-Fi and you are ready to take pictures. I mounted the Spot Shot on my Leupold Gold Ring 15-30x-50mm spotting scope and took these pictures off of my deck that follow.

My spotting scope with the Spot Shot attached.

Spotter.jpg

Scope camera.jpg

The first is some flowers along the creek that I took a picture of from about 40 yards away. My spotting scope was set at 15x.

Flowers pics.jpg

Next is a deer about 50 yards away.

Deer head down.jpg

The Spot Shot has an internal battery that is plugged in to charge. On full charge it is supposed to be able to have an 8-10 hour battery life before it needs charging again.

Last edited:
I like your lawn ornaments! Once you've used it a little and are used to attaching it to your spotter, how quickly can you go from looking through your spotter to setup and getting a pic? If you get the chance I'd love to see more pics you get with it, especially at longer distances. Thanks for the heads up.

I like your lawn ornaments! Once you've used it a little and are used to attaching it to your spotter, how quickly can you go from looking through your spotter to setup and getting a pic? If you get the chance I'd love to see more pics you get with it, especially at longer distances. Thanks for the heads up.
If I have the Spot Shot out or nearby it takes just seconds to get it on the spotting scope. Turn it on and get my phone set for the Wi-Fi which should be pretty quick. Find the subject in the spotting scope, the images will show on my phone, and once on the subject start taking pictures or video. I'd say less than 5 minutes. Probably quicker once I've used it a bunch. Just an estimate.

I get a chance maybe I'll try and take some pictures from a distance today or tomorrow.

Wow! Why didn't I think of this? Haha! Every time I see items like this it just makes me wonder why I didn't take that extra step to follow through with creating it.

Pretty cool idea.

i'm intrigued...On anything new I like to look at the poor reviews on Amazon...

The "weak link" seems to be connecting to the phone, whether that is user error or what? But there are a lot more positive reviews....

What is the advantage of this over a phonescope or similar device? Is the camera higher quality? It looks like it would weigh more.

Battery life has to suffer? Plus what powers scope attachment? Maybe practical around vehicles situation but not to carry any place.

What is the advantage of this over a phonescope or similar device? Is the camera higher quality? It looks like it would weigh more.
The phone scope I look at but the adapter to my spotting scope would not likely work say if I wanted to use it on my buddies spotting scope. Each spotting scope seems to have a different size ocular piece. Also if I change my phone and update it I would likely have to get a new phone attachment that hooks to in turn attaches to the spotting scope piece. They aren't cheap either. This thing looks like it will attach to just about any spotting scope and as I said I believe if your buddies put in the Shot Shot app in their phone everyone in your party could look at what the scope is viewing in real time. It is extremely light and has a soft carry case to put it in a daypack or something. I think it's slightly lighter than my phone.

Battery life has to suffer? Plus what powers scope attachment? Maybe practical around vehicles situation but not to carry any place.
I think it will be fine to carry in my daypack. It comes with a soft case to keep it in but I might find a small attachment case that you could either attach to your daypack or put it in one of the pockets. They say the battery life on the Spot Shot is 8-10 hours. The Leupold spotting scope I have it on right now is my 15-30x50mm. I just played with it some more from my deck and I'll get some pictures posted. I took pictures of a tree on top of the mountain about 1 mile from our deck.

That would be cool for scoping for bear.
Set it up on a clearing Sit back and watch your phone.
It must be mostly in real time?
Yes it is real time. What your spotting scope is looking at is what you are seeing. You like something you see in your phone then snap a picture or you can do a video on your phone also. I think this thing is going to be fun. I'll post some more pictures in a few minutes.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back