PEAX Equipment

Spot Shot - Wi-Fi scope camera

Ok you sold me...on order for $75 amazon. 6mm will be held personally accountable if it sucks. lol

Edit add: i have a terrible neck and this will help as not as uncomfortable position plus i do alot of solo hunting and shooting hopefully i can record and watch back shots. I expect to have to carry extra battery charger or be near SxS but this would be awesome during bear hunts.

Last edited:
Ok you sold me...on order for $75 amazon. 6mm will be held personally accountable if it sucks. lol
When you get it there is a charging cord that comes with it. I plugged it in and charged it until the light turned green indicating a full charge. I went to my settings and searched for the wifi app that indicated I need to place on my phone. Attach the Spot shot to your spotting scope. When the Spot Shot is fully charged push and hold the button on the back of it and it will turn on. Go to your settings and select the SME Spot Shot Wifi signal. Now go to the SME Spot Shot app saved on your phone along with your other apps and touch that to connect. On your phone you should have a screen appear and that is what your spotting scope is looking at.

To have the picture look appropriate on your phone and not be upside down or sideways, the little green indicator light on the Back of the Spot Shot needs to be turned so that it is directly above the on/off button. You will see what I am talking about when it arrives. This is a nice feature I found. I set my spotting scope on 15x and attached the Spot Shot as directed. Yes it says do not tighten it overly tight just a nice snug tight so it doesn't move. I thought I would have to unscrew it to loosen the pressure connection on the Spot Shot to the spotting scope to turn it up to say 20 or 30 power. Not so. Just turn you power selector as much as you want. All you have to do is just turn the back portion of the Spot Shot very simply to where the green on indicator light is once more directly above the on/off button and you are good to go. This will all make sense when it arrives.

Here is from the same location on our deck taken just using my cell phone without zooming in at all. cell 1.jpg

This is zooming in my cell phone about half way.

cell 2.jpg

Okay the ridge line with the pictures of the trees according to my On X map program is 1.1 miles. I played with it some more and here are some more deer pics . They were just across the street at 94 yards.

Buck zoomed good color.jpg

Bucks in shadow.jpg

Bucks lighted.jpg

I did a couple tests. I set up the tripod and focused on a tree in the yard 40 yards away. I then walked down with my phone and still had a good wifi connection with the Spot Shot on the spotting scope. I took a picture and it was clear and sharp. I'm not sure how far away from the Spot Shot I can be and still have a signal. Might have to try that tomorrow. I also put the same app on my wife's phone and she turned it on and connected with the Spot Shot and was looking at the same image I was on my phone at the same time through the spotting scope. So that answers that multiple phones can be getting the signal at the same time and this way sharing the images.

It was about 11:30 and heating up quick so heat waves were becoming an issue. I'm surprised this turned out as well as it did. I went up on the south hills and set the spotting scope up to look at Lolo Peak 13.8 miles away in a straight line according to my On X map.

Lolo Peak.jpg

Very interesting. I got a new phone recently and was lamenting the fact that I'd have to get yet another phone skope to fit the new phone. I'm liking this option much better. Thanks for sharing.

Quick pro tip for those using phone scope mounts that attach your phone directly to the spotter (although I’m really liking this SpotScope idea!)...

For highly zoomed pics, I noticed that pushing the button on the screen of the phone to take a pic would often cause the camera to move or result in blurry pics. In doing some research, I discovered that if you have a hardwired Apple headset for your iPhone, you can use that as a remote shutter control by using the volume control on the headset - thus not having to touch the phone to take a pic. Made a big difference in picture quality for me. Not sure if this works with other headsets or not. Maybe everybody already knows this. I didn’t.

One thing I really like about this SpotScope idea is that I could also attach my iPad to it. Given my aging eyes, that could be a big benefit.

Quick pro tip for those using phone scope mounts that attach your phone directly to the spotter (although I’m really liking this SpotScope idea!)...

For highly zoomed pics, I noticed that pushing the button on the screen of the phone to take a pic would often cause the camera to move or result in blurry pics. In doing some research, I discovered that if you have a hardwired Apple headset for your iPhone, you can use that as a remote shutter control by using the volume control on the headset - thus not having to touch the phone to take a pic. Made a big difference in picture quality for me. Not sure if this works with other headsets or not. Maybe everybody already knows this. I didn’t.

One thing I really like about this SpotScope idea is that I could also attach my iPad to it. Given my aging eyes, that could be a big benefit.
That's something I considered also that there might be movement in touching the screen to video or take pics. With the Spot Shot what you see in the phone is what you get. There is no movement connection between the two.

I just ordered the SpotShot. That thing seems really cool and I really needed another pound of weight in my pack :rolleyes:. Several places including Amazon Wally World had them for $70 and free shipping.

I just ordered the SpotShot. That thing seems really cool and I really needed another pound of weight in my pack :rolleyes:. Several places including Amazon Wally World had them for $70 and free shipping.
Only 10.6 ounces. Oh wait the cleaner, cloth, and a protective case I bought to keep it safe about a pound total. Dang.

I ordered one since the pictures here seemed to look nice. The app constantly crashes it quits working and the app closes out. It works great when the app works but it wouldn't work for more than 5 minutes for me.

Back