Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sportsman's Issues auction

Ithaca 37

I'm starting this topic to make it easier to continue the auction of D13's Ithaca model 37 shotguns. Here's how it started in the "Sportsmen Against Bush" topic:
http://www.huntandlodge.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=31;t=002922

Member D13er
Member # 1711

Rate Member posted 08-02-2004 23:53
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've got a whole collection of Ithaca 37's that are now for sale to the lowest bidder.........

JB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 35 | From: CA | Registered: Oct 2003 | IP: Logged |

Ithaca 37
Member # 366

posted 08-05-2004 22:38
D13er, You posted, "I've got a whole collection of Ithaca 37's that are now for sale to the lowest bidder........."
I bid $0 and I'll give $20 to the National Wild Turkey Federation for each gun, making my bid a negative $20 for you. Do you have any lower bids than that? If not, let's proceed with the sale. Don't back out on me, I can't stand liars. I'll send you the name of a gunsmith with a FFL to ship the shotguns to. You ready to start shipping?

--------------------
The GOP will better defend your right to keep and bear arms. They'll liquidate public lands and fisheries and turn them over to the highest bidder as quickly as they can, leaving no place to hunt, fish or camp. The Dems. will not. That's your choice.

Posts: 5761 | From: S.W. Idaho | Registered: Mar 2001 | IP: Logged |

Muledeer4me
Member # 18

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2004 09:43
I'll bid $20 apeice
I'll donate another $20.00 for each one to a Bush For Pres. fund.
I'll then give the shotguns to any rancher that need's to defend his property against large predator's OR Democrat's.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm still the lowest bidder. MD4M doesn't understand the rules (as usual), because it takes some reading comprehension skills. D13er says the guns will go to the lowest bidder. My bid of $0 and a $20 donation per gun to NWTF is the lowest so far.

D13er, Please tell us a little about the guns, so we'll know what we're bidding on, exactly. How many are there, what gauges, vent. ribs, field models or fancier, what condition, etc.?

Here's all we know so far: "I've got a whole collection of Ithaca 37's that are now for sale to the lowest bidder........."

Ithaca 37,

Are you aware of how much money NWTF gives directly to the NRA? Are you sure you want to do this ?

JB

PS- I was gonna give them away anyway. I haven't seen an Ithaca 37 yet that was worth a crap.

Oh I understand how the bidding game work's Ithaca.
I think a bid of $0 is right up your alley ,all talk and no action.
But most folk's want to make a buck ;)
Heck I can bid $0 and &10.00 each going to The Republicans for Bush,and still give them away to the ranchers .

Ithaca 37,

Lets start out with a field grade, smooth barrel 12 ga from 1958. NRA good. But whatever you bid, I get to decide who it goes to. The bid now is to MD4ME at $40 because he bid $20 donation and $20 to me but I'll add my $20 to his donation.

JB

Originally posted by D13er:
PS- I was gonna give them away anyway. I haven't seen an Ithaca 37 yet that was worth a crap.
Dang, wish I was closer :(

Originally posted by Ithaca 37
Anytime you wanta go chukar hunting and see a model 37 in action just let me know.
Dang, I really wish I was closer ;)

How about I pay my wife $50 per gun to have em? :confused: ;)

D13er says the guns will go to the lowest bidder. How is anyone gonna bid less than $0? That's the puzzle.

D13er, We need more bidders. Should we put a notice in Fireside, or move the auction up there? If money is going to be donated to some cause, I'd like to see you get as much as possible. Is there a date the auction ends, like on eBay?

Reading the posts, I'm a little confused. How many guns are we bidding on right now? Just two? Are you selling the whole collection at once, or selling the guns one at a time?

I suggest selling just one at a time, starting with the 1957 smooth barrel 12 ga. field grade, since that's the only one we have any details on.

[ 08-07-2004, 10:50: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back