Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

sportsman groups

bob-mt

I am a life member of nra and pheasants forever. what I need to know is what groups are based in montana, that are worth joining, especially when it comes to public lands.

bob

I'm biased as I'm the treasurer of the California state chapter but Backcountry Hunters & Anglers is based in Missoula and one of the loudest voices speaking up for public land right now.

The Elk Foundation is in Missoula too, and have done numerous good things for public land over their tenure

BHA should be at the top of the list if public lands are a concern. When trying to decide in January what organizations to send my hard earned $25 to, their constant presence in keeping the public land debate front and center made certain that they were the first membership I paid for.

I'm sure there are other good options as well.

Check out www.backcountryhunters.org. I'm a national co-chair of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers and welcome you! That said, there a lot of great groups worthy of support. Also consider the BHA Rendezvous coming up in Missoula on April 1. Gonna be fun.

I am a life member of nra and pheasants forever. what I need to know is what groups are based in montana, that are worth joining, especially when it comes to public lands.

bob

Along with BHA & RMEF, groups like Public Land & Water Access Association, Montana Wildlife Federation and their 24 affiliate clubs all fight for public land and field very good lobbyists in the capitol during the session to push back against attempts to privatize wildlife and steal access funding.

http://www.plwa.org/

www.montanawildlife.org

I couldn't help but notice there wasn't a plug for "Montana Sportsmen's Alliance" we formed after the 63 rd Montana legislative session. There were around 256 + bills that were either attacking sportsman, our wildlife, our heritage, or our department in adverse ways.

We are a hodge podge group of sportsman from around the state that work in the political arena of sportsman issues. Many times meeting with perspective candidates to see where they stand on these critical issues. They only people that testified more on these sportsman's issues, where paid lobbyists. We have both covered as we have a non profit group, as well as a Political Action Committee side.

Take a look at our site.

http://www.montanasportsmenalliance.com/index.htm

All the above groups are outstanding, and worthy of membership.

Big Fin, if this post is in violation of rules I'll understand if it's gone.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back