Sportsman Channel show promo

I think it is the Montana rifle elk hunt but not 100% on that. I'm sure the boss will chime in soon and give you the details.

See what do I know.:eek:

I think that format will be interesting. Should keep people in the mood for the current seasons that are happening. They (Sportsmans) seem to be a lot more accommodating than the OC in regards to having a "Best of Series". Probably feels good to know that you are valued and actually wanted.

Sportsman Channel promised to make our show one of their featured productions. They have started the promotion for Third Quarter.

Some of you have wondered what shows they brought over. Here is a small sample of some of them. They have some more good ones that are not shown on this piece.

http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/AMS/sportsman/index.html

Here is the Facebook link as they start the promo over there, also.

http://www.facebook.com/sportsmanchannel

More will start rolling out in the many magazine titles they own. Good stuff for us, our sponsors, and the On Your Own hunter.

Sportsman Channel has been great to work with. One thing most noticeable is that most all of them hunt and fish. They understand our story and our message.

Our anchor slot will be Thursday nights at 9:00PM Eastern. I think that means our premier will be on June 28th.

Right now, that anchor slot is 9:00PM on Mondays, but will move to Wednesdays, when Season Three starts.

Other weekly airtimes will be Tuesday 3:30 PM, Wednesday 6:00PM, and Saturday 7:30AM. All times being Eastern time.

I have seen all but three of the edits for Season Three. Can't wait to see them on the tube and get your feedback.

Fin-

The SC website says your premiere will be June 30th.

MN Hunter - You are correct, I had my dates off by two days. We will be posting the episode highlights and airtimes next week, completely updating the TV show page.

Some of you may subscribe to North American Whitetail, Guns and Ammo, Game and Fish, Bowhunter, or Petersen's Hunting, and if so, saw the big spread they had featuring the new shows coming to Sportsman Channel this year. OYOA was one of those in that big spread. Will be more to come.

Today they went with their big press release about OYOA and our premier. A little mix up about me shooting whitetails in NM, but they are promoting us even more than they promised.

Looking forward to the shows starting at the end of the month.

Here is a link to the release that is copied below - http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1307602250bsugg5a1t98

Thursday, June 9, 2011

On Your Own Adventures Launches Third Season on Sportsman Channel

New Berlin, WI - This summer tune-in to Sportsman Channel, the leader in outdoor TV for the American Sportsman, for a new season of On Your Own Adventures with Randy Newberg. On Your Own Adventures (OYOA) premieres its third season of shows dedicated to non-guided hunting starting Thursday, June 30 at 9:00 p.m. ET.

"Randy is a man on a mission and we are proud he chose Sportsman Channel as the new home for his one-of-a-kind series," said Gavin Harvey, CEO of Sportsman Channel. "On Your Own Adventures is real, raw, exciting and inspiring - exactly the type of authentic programming that makes Sportsman Channel the one and only true outdoor network for American Sportsmen."

On Your Own Adventures focuses on non-guided hunting, and with each action packed episode, Newberg proves that a hunter can achieve his or her dreams without any guides. OYOA encourages viewers that any hunt they see Randy doing is a hunt they can do, on public land, without the expense of private reserves and guiding services.

Newberg has a long list of highlights this season including a trip to Alaska where he demonstrates how to hunt for bear on a limited budget. Newberg also travels to New Mexico for many unforgettable whitetail and elk archery hunts - including one spectacular adventure where Newberg arrowed an elk from two yards!

Newberg posts his hunts as they happen, live, on his website. The Hunt Talk forums at www.OnYourOwnAdventures.com, are filled with some of the greatest stories and pictures of America's most hard-core western hunters. These are hunters who are living the On Your Own life, and sharing information and ideas to help others wanting to learn more about On Your Own hunting.

"This season of On Your Own Adventures is off the charts and as good as anything we've ever done," said host and producer, Newberg. "Sportsman Channel sought out On Your Own Adventures for the programming we bring, the audience we deliver, and the quality of our production. We embraced Sportsman Channel for the quality of their organization and their engaged viewers.

Randy Newberg lives in Bozeman, Montana, where he and his family have spent the last twenty years chasing western game on the public lands of the Northern Rockies. Originally from northern Minnesota, Randy comes from a family and culture of serious hunters - On Your Own Hunters who understand that the importance of hunting is the hunt itself. Time in the field with family and friends, living the hunting lifestyle, and dedicating himself to conservation efforts is what Randy's life is all about - a lifestyle he brings to On Your Own Adventures.

Visit On Your Own Adventure's website at www.onyouownadventures.com, follow on Twitter, @randynewberg (www.twitter.com/randynewberg) and become a Fan on Facebook, http:// www.facebook.com/onyourownadventures

About Sportsman Channel: Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel is the only television and digital media company fully devoted to the more than 82 million sportsmen in the United States, delivering entertaining and educational programming focused exclusively on hunting, shooting and fishing activities. Sportsman Channel is now available in HD, check with your local cable or satellite provider. Acquired by InterMedia Outdoors Holdings in 2006, Sportsman Channel reaches 27 million U.S. television households and is a part of the nation's largest multimedia company targeted exclusively to serving the information and entertainment needs of outdoors enthusiasts.

Visit www.thesportsmanchannel.com, follow on Twitter, @SPORTSMANchnl (www.twitter.com/ SPORTSMANchnl), become a Fan on Facebook, www.facebook.com/sportsmanchannel and download Sportsman App at www.itunes.com/appstore

Michelle Scheuermann, Sportsman Channel, P: 262.432.9100 ex 111;
[email protected]

Just watched the fourth draft of Episode One of the upcoming season, the New Mexico archery episode. Holy crap, did that ever turn out good. Glad we picked that one as our premier.

You guys are really going to like this episode! It will be worth the wait. I rank it in the top 2 that I've seen yet. Couldn't ask for a better opening episode. Got to see snipits of another one as well and it is a great one as well. These are so much more realistic and "normal" that I can't even watch the majority of the other crap on TV anymore.

These are so much more realistic and "normal" that I can't even watch the majority of the other crap on TV anymore.
I agree 110% Ill flip on things and start watching, but then it's just the same ole thing. well were here at so and so ranch, with so an so outfitters, on the last day with so and so famous guy .
I must say all of OYOA keep you wanting more. I can watch over and over and they don't get old. The production makes you feel like your really involved with it. Thanks Fin!!!!!!

So for those of us that don't get SC, I seem to recall reading that episodes would be available to view online. Is that still going to happen and if so how long after it is shown on tv?

So for those of us that don't get SC, I seem to recall reading that episodes would be available to view online. Is that still going to happen and if so how long after it is shown on tv?

Yes. We are working with them for how long the delay needs to be. Probably four to six weeks.

Fin, I really have no idea how the TV thing works, but I have to imagine that the more people watch the show the better ratings you will get and time slots, etc. etc. etc.

For me, I rarely get the chance to sit down and watch shows, but I do put the DVR through a good workout and get to watch things when I can, and I can't wait to get this season of OYOA recorded up.

So, my question is, if I record your show, do you get "credit" for it being watched, ultimately increasing your ratings? How does that work?

So, my question is, if I record your show, do you get "credit" for it being watched, ultimately increasing your ratings? How does that work?

Nielsen says they track that, via some strange methodology that I do not understand. I have been selected for Nielsen ratings before, and you get a book where you write down everything you watch, at whatever times, etc. There is a spot where you list the shows you recorded via DVR. Not sure if they do it via what you write down in the DVR section of the booklet, or via the DVR tracking that might come from the carriers such your cable or sattelite company.

I appreciate you attempts to help the ratings. It shows the networks who is worth putting in the best time slots and shows sponsors where they should place their money.

Back