Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Sponsors of Fresh Tracks / RN?

Sytes

I was searching for a current list of your sponsors. Do you have an updated list?
I noticed, or at least I believe to be correct, Federal has been replaced with Nosler?

Seems the most current list of your sponsors was found on Mystery Ranch website. However it seems on this forum you have other sponsors? I'm not familiar how this works if some are sponsors or some are just endorsed products by yourself? Example: Rocky Mountain Hunting Calls, Adventure Medical Kits.

From Mystery Ranch for Randy Newberg.

Other Sponsors:
  • Leupold Optics, Howa Rifles, Nosler Ammunition, Sitka Gear, Kenetrek Boots, Orion Coolers, onXmaps, Gerber

For this forum, you see sponsors with the banner ads and such moving around the page. For all our sponsors who are across multiple platforms, you can find them at the bottom of this homepage - https://www.randynewberg.com/

Those companies at the link above are involved in multiple platforms. Some are only involved in a single platform, such as The Wild Alaska Seafood Box (podcast), Adventure Medical Kits (here).

Some we just promote because we like them - Wilderness Ridge Trail Llamas, Black Gold, Ripcord, Tightspot, Alpackarafts, FHF Gear, Bone Broadheads, Elkhorn Coffee, Katadyn, Platypus, Frost River Trading, and a bunch of others. Their products work so we use them and we pay for them. Since they pay nothing, they don't really get anything other than product integration and some mentions when the opportunity arises.

We've turned down more than what is on these lists. A lot of companies want access to our audience though their products are not a good fit for what we do. So, we politely decline.

As for your question about Federal and Nosler ammo, we started out with Federal. It was working great. They brought in a new VP of Marketing in 2014 who brought in a new ad agency. The ad agency made us all re-submit our portfolios. Since Federal was part of the VISTA Outdoors group that also owned Bushnell and Savage, they told me I had to ditch Leupold and Howa and use Bushnell and Howa as replacements. I refused to do it. So, my agreement was not renewed. When I got the call, I was on a mountain in Utah. I got off that call and called my buddy Pat at Nosler. I was without an ammo company for about 15 minutes. I've been with Nosler for the last six years.

I still have great relationships with the guys at Federal. The new VP of Marketing lasted less than a year. They offered me to come back, but I'm not the kind of guy to hop around. I love the folks at Nosler. When with Federal they had me shooting their Trophy Copper bullets, which was a Nosler E-Tip, made by Nosler and marketed under a different name. Nosler definitely gives that "Part of the family" feel to what they do. And, they make a great product.

Just how this business works. What has served us well is to focus on products we use intensively and we know are great products. For us, if it is not a quality product that works for what we do, their money isn't needed. Over time we've built enough relationships with quality companies that we can keep the doors open.

Last edited:
For this forum, you see sponsors with the banner ads and such moving around the page. For all our sponsors who are across multiple platforms, you can find them at the bottom of this homepage - https://www.randynewberg.com/

Those companies at the link above are involved in multiple platforms. Some are only involved in a single platform, such as The Wild Alaska Seafood Box (podcast), Adventure Medical Kits (here).

Some we just promote because we like them - Wilderness Ridge Trail Llamas, Black Gold, Ripcord, Tightspot, Alpackarafts, FHF Gear, Bone Broadheads, Elkhorn Coffee, Katadyn, Platypus, Frost River Trading, and a bunch of others. Their products work so we use them and we pay for them. Since they pay nothing, they don't really get anything other than product integration and some mentions when the opportunity arises.

We've turned down more than what is on these lists. A lot of companies want access to our audience though their products are not a good fit for what we do. So, we politely decline.

As for your question about Federal and Nosler ammo, we started out with Federal. It was working great. They brought in a new VP of Marketing in 2014 who brought in a new ad agency. The ad agency made us all re-submit our portfolios. Since Federal was part of the VISTA Outdoors group that also owned Bushnell and Savage, they told me I had to ditch Leupold and Howa and use Bushnell and Howa as replacements. I refused to do it. So, my agreement was not renewed. When I got the call, I was on a mountain in Utah. I got off that call and called my buddy Pat at Nosler. I was without an ammo company for about 15 minutes. I've been with Nosler for the last six years.

I still have great relationships with the guys at Federal. The new VP of Marketing lasted less than a year. They offered me to come back, but I'm not the kind of guy to hop around. I love the folks at Nosler. When with Federal they had me shooting their Trophy Copper bullets, which was a Nosler E-Tip, made by Nosler and marketed under a different name. Nosler definitely gives that "Part of the family" feel to what they do. And, they make a great product.

Just how this business works. What has served us well is to focus on products we use intensively and we know are great products. For us, if it is not a quality product that works for what we do, their money isn't needed. Over time we've built enough relationships with quality companies that we can keep the doors open.

thanks Randy, always appreciate your openness on your sponsors and such. Refreshing compared to some who switch regularly and whatever they use is the best thing ever, when it's clear that the money they get from the company may be great, but the product clearly isn't.

This is why I love your show!

Are you no longer with Orion coolers? I’m in the market and was looking for a discount code ‘Randy’ ???

Are you no longer with Orion coolers? I’m in the market and was looking for a discount code ‘Randy’ ???

There’s a thread on this right now. Don’t wait too long...

Also always happy to see so many of your sponsors are companies I already know and like. Gives me more faith in trying the companies I’m not familiar with. That is not something I do when just any old person plugs a company/product.

Back