Caribou Gear

Split my WY Antelope Points

Western Traveler1

FCA70B41-83A4-4D78-9659-638C28F97204.jpegSplit my 11 Wyoming antelope points with my longtime friend and hunting partner as my legs are getting shorter.
Did our research but had a communication breakdown I thought day three after the weekend. A98F0B94-2E5B-4BBF-A46A-BB600A4FC076.jpegF7C1C128-D71D-46C5-9E9F-161ED75867D2.jpegWe arrived day 3 and started day 4. The unit had 3 distinct areas. We saw our largest buck about 30 minutes into the hunt and passed. We were seeing at least one animal per mile up to a few in what we learned was winter range by the warden that contacted us to check our tags and permission slips. He was friendly and helpful and we chatted for a bit. He said his experience in the unit was lots of animals very few large and advised if we saw a 14” shoot it. He shared some very good info with us and we moved on to area two that afternoon. There we saw a LOT of animals that had clearly been hunted hard. Stalks were tough to even get started. Day 3 we checked out the third area and was similar to the first area the antelope not so quick to bolt.
He ultimately filled his tag on day 3 on a solo buck way the heck far from the truck. He keeps doing this kind of thing. We quartered it and sledded it out. I shot a solo buck on day 4 uphill at 250 yards. So much easier to get in the truck. We had fun and meat for the freezer. Fun time and a beautiful area. Might return sometime just to fly fish.

Last edited:
Congratulations to you and your buddy. Very thoughtful of you to split your points. I enjoy a hunt more with a friend or friends verses a solo hunting trip.

How close did you cut it? Any preference points to spare?

Congrats. Looks like you had fun. Thanks for sharing.

How close did you cut it? Any preference points to spare?

Congrats. Looks like you had fun. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, we did. It was a much prettier area than I had imagined too.
I missed twice recently going regular draw with both 9 and 10 points. This area had not reduced tags and indicated we had a point more than needed for regular draw. We applied special. I don’t know what we could have drawn with.
‘Next to figure out what to do with the 12 deer points I have…

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back