Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Spike buck question.

Tom

We actually have a special season for them and does after the general deer season.

What do people do with spike whitetail bucks where you're at?

The last I heard, even if a spike buck grows up for several years, they're not real good. A smaller percentage of them get 8+ pts and even if they do, the mass of their rack is like half that of a young fork horn buck grown to the same age. Kerrville Wildlife Management area is supposed to be doing a study where they study the droubt effects on this earlier result they had though. I don't know anything yet on those results.

we shoot them if there legal. Some areas are 3pt or bigger and some areas are any buck so if its a spike and he walks out hes dead.

don't see many spikes her anymore but we let them go for a couple years then if they look like they won't grow up we cull them

I get what I get and don't worry about anything but is it leagal..It puts meat in the frez and let's me go chase other things.... :D

Your my kind of hunter Elkchsr.

What I mean by that is you and I think a like about hunting, I didn't mean I was interested in you in any unnatual sort of way. Or if you are politicaly correct I guess it's natural. Either way FORGET IT I'M NOT INTERESTED.

Will flowers and candy be next? :eek:
:D :D :D ;)

"What do people do with spike whitetail bucks where you're at?"

we eat them.

Uhhhhh Is greybeard Hitting on you ?!?!? Do I need to open a new section called HUTNERS HITTING ON HUNTERS :eek: :eek:

Luckily here in Ohio the only restriction is what constitutes a antlered deer. It is antlers 3" or better. I don't carry a tape measure and can't run fast enough to measure the antlers ;) :D But we are able to take a antlered or antlerless deer with our tags. We just are only allowed to take 1 antlered deer each hunting year.

It's O.K. Greybeard, I know what you were getting at and am very flattered.... :eek::eek::eek:
But as I am who I am, You probably don't have enough estrigen in your system for me to be interested in any way....

The Greybeard kind of gives it away...LMAO!!!
:D

Matter of fact, heres a nice little spike blacktail that was some good eatin.
kirksspike.JPG

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-19-2002 18:46: Message edited by: kirkl ]</font>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back