Speedy tall kid

William Christy

This is my son Tyler (red) earlier today finishing first in the 60m dash, running unattached at a local college track meet. He’s made some really remarkable improvements in just a year, and I suspect he’s got a lot more to go. The guy real close (1/100th second) went undefeated for 2 years of HS races and holds the Montana all-class record in the 100m dash set in 2018. I’ve never been a big sports guy, but I sure like attending when my kids are competing. Proud of him.
tyler60m.jpg

Pretty awesome to watch your own kids grow and see them be successful in life. You have every reason to be a proud papa.

That's pretty sweet. I remember the 60 was brutal for tall skinny guys that like to eat up yards late in a sprint :)

What was his time?

Tall and speedy.... I recall another running with those qualities

1578356810157.png

That's pretty sweet. I remember the 60 was brutal for tall skinny guys that like to eat up yards late in a sprint :)

What was his time?
+1
FF.jpg

Assuming you're referring to Damian Nelson of CMR. I watched him break the MT all state record and it was nothing short of a phenomenal accomplishment to witness. SO....if jr is beating him, your son is one a speedy fella. Congrats to your son, his racing is surely impressive!

Watching your kids excel at anything is pretty damn cool. Congrats to your son. It’s something special when you can see all the work and effort pay off.

Assuming you're referring to Damian Nelson of CMR. I watched him break the MT all state record and it was nothing short of a phenomenal accomplishment to witness. SO....if jr is beating him, your son is one a speedy fella. Congrats to your son, his racing is surely impressive!
That's him. The Cat's snagged him up, but I believe he's red-shirting this year as a sophomore. My kid is more of a 400m runner and I suspect Nelson will be running faster in that 60/100 in the near future. The other guys were more heptathlon/decathlon guys. There's a 7'4" high-jumper in that heat. The redheaded kid next to Ty was a 2 time MT state champ in the long jump and 400m and 3 times in the hurdles. They are MSU multi event guys now.

Proud father moment for sure. Congratulations

I hope that he is and continues to be an even better man than he is a track star.

Quite a class of athletes he is running against. That’s way cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's him. The Cat's snagged him up, but I believe he's red-shirting this year as a sophomore. My kid is more of a 400m runner and I suspect Nelson will be running faster in that 60/100 in the near future. The other guys were more heptathlon/decathlon guys. There's a 7'4" high-jumper in that heat. The redheaded kid next to Ty was a 2 time MT state champ in the long jump and 400m and 3 times in the hurdles. They are MSU multi event guys now.
still need some times... you could include his 400 time to make me feel bad.

Congrats. That's pretty tall competition. Prob can't wait for the outdoor season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back