Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Speed Kills

I know how many bullets Weatherby bought. Not an accident. mtmuley
Sure it was a lot. But one has to think, could they get their hands on that many Barnes or Nosler bullets like they normally load? Heck they've even started using Hornady brass in their WBY chamberings.

Last edited:
Sure it was a lot. But one has to think, could they get their hands on tha many Barnes or Nosler bullets like they normally load? Heck they've even started using Hornady brass in their WBY chamberings.
Hammers are better, and available.Hammer isn't afraid to push the envelope. Hornady brass sucks. mtmuley

[QUOTE="TN2shot07, post: 3396310, member: 42004" but those hammers should be hell out of a 257
[/QUOTE]
Harley shoots them in .257. mtmuley

Which should be faster? A hammer Hunter or Absolute Hammer of a given weight and caliber and all other factors including COL being identical.

Heck they've even started using Hornady brass in their WBY chamberings.
Heard somewhere Norma stopped supplying brass to the USA for a while, including making Weatherby stuff. I think Unknown Munitions was who said that as it affected their production as well.

Which should be faster? A hammer Hunter or Absolute Hammer of a given weight and caliber and all other factors including COL being identical.
An Absolute should be faster. Based on what I’ve looked at on the Hammer data, as you go up in case volume you reach diminishing returns with the Absolute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard somewhere Norma stopped supplying brass to the USA for a while, including making Weatherby stuff. I think Unknown Munitions was who said that as it affected their production as well.
I think they said this I had called Weatherby an asked if they were going to use Norma in the future? All the response I got was we use the best components we can, which I don’t understand the logic of them using Hornady brass?

I think they said this I had called Weatherby an asked if they were going to use Norma in the future? All the response I got was we use the best components we can, which I don’t understand the logic of them using Hornady brass?
Again, the only reason they weren't able to use the Norma made brass they normally do is because Norma stopped supplying it, at least for a while. I haven't heard much about it for several months. I suppose Nosler would have been the best available, but that would have gotten pricey for Weatherby.

Norma is moving their facilities (including HQ) to Savannah, GA...that may have something to do with it. I see Norma Shooting website had a bunch of brass in stock...some is gone now but still some stuff there.

Is it Hornady headstamped?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back