Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Special draw

When you have thousands of dollars tied up in guns, boots, camo, optics, travel expenses, etc it doesn't really seem like that big of a deal as far as another $288 if you look at the big picture.

I expect that WGFD likely sees it the same way.

I expect that WGFD likely sees it the same way.

Not really, since the GF isn't responsible for the special/regular fee structure...that was done by the State legislature.

Also, I agree with the others, that the difference in hunt quality could well be worth the extra investment in the special depending on your point level. May not be either, if you have a good place.

Not really, since the GF isn't responsible for the special/regular fee structure...that was done by the State legislature.

Also, I agree with the others, that the difference in hunt quality could well be worth the extra investment in the special depending on your point level. May not be either, if you have a good place.

With input from WGFD likely. As well as others.

Nope, wrong again, the department can not speak in favor of or against legislation. Guessing isn't getting you far...

I definitely defer to BuzzH on details of WY G&F process, but this is a bit unusual, as in most states (and the fed) the relevant agency almost always testifies (including advocating agency positions on a whole host of matters) on relevant legislation.

I definitely defer to BuzzH on details of WY G&F process, but this is a bit unusual, as in most states (and the fed) the relevant agency almost always testifies (including advocating agency positions on a whole host of matters) on relevant legislation.

The Game and Fish here is not allowed to advocate a position on proposed legislation...its ridiculous. The only testimony they give is to provide clarity in existing regulations, provide data, things of that nature. They will also answer questions if posed to them by the public or the committee members during the committee hearings.

The Game and Fish here is not allowed to advocate a position on proposed legislation...its ridiculous. The only testimony they give is to provide clarity in existing regulations, provide data, things of that nature. They will also answer questions if posed to them by the public or the committee members during the committee hearings.
Definitely a sub-optimal approach to governance.

A few folks hit the nail on the head before we got into the politics of the tag draw...

Its up to you and your budget, if you think you can afford the extra money for better draw odds then do it! Its $300 for what could be a once in a lifetime experience. Lots of folks like to complain about the costs from their $1000 smart phones from the seat of their $65,000 diesel pick up. Now if you cant afford it, go with a unit you can get with the points you have available. I'm sure you'll have a great time either way

Everyone has a different thought on money as you can see from the draw odds. Me personally if I can draw an area with more access and be able to look over more buck, along with having my dad with me because we don't need to hike miles for a lope. I will pay the extra couple hundred dollars. When I sit in my room I look at my animals and the memories of them not thinking of the few hundred dollars I had for a tag. Like has been said just consider it an access fee if it opens up thousands of acres of more land. Good luck you'll have fun either way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back