Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Speaking of mountain biking..

Hem

Looking at the blizzard outside and reflecting about my last ride of the year two weekends ago.
I wanted to give a heads up to any Hunttalk riders to check out the new network of trails being installed near Three Forks, Montana. The Copper City trail system spear headed by local mountain bikers has worked an agreement with BLM to install a variety of trails which will be open to all non motorized means but specifically designed for mountain biking.Once completed there will be trails to accommodate riders of all skill levels from kids to beginners and beyond.Eventually there will be 20-30 miles of trail with designated down hill routes and a skill park. This is open prairie riding with outstanding views of our local mountain ranges.Currently there is about 6-7 miles of new trail.
I encourage all enthusiasts to check it out this next year. Though I have no direct affiliation I also encourage folks to make a donation to the cause.Any amount is appreciated and will be directly applied to trail building.
This project is very exciting and from a local stand point can only benefit the local community. Latest whispering is the possibility of a new brewery being built nearby which goes hand in hand.
If you like to ride its going to be worth checking out.

Will the brewery have cold smoke? That is all I drink while in Boze.

I am curious to see how your post is received on here.

To all folks... a google search will bring up the Copper City site.

375 H&H...if all you drink is Cold Smoke you are missing out big time. Bozeman has become a beer drinkers town with multiple craft breweries.

The Copper City trail is a great example of a successful grassroots project, with much local input and support resulting in a bike and hike trail open to everyone. Kudos to BLM and the folks in Three Forks who united and worked hard to make this happen.

HR 1349 Bikes in the Wilderness, on the other hand, is an example of misdirected, poor legislation creating nothing but dissension and contentious debate.

375 H&H...if all you drink is Cold Smoke you are missing out big time. Bozeman has become a beer drinkers town with multiple craft breweries.

I don't drink cold smoke at all I was only kidding. I have a friend who lives in Bozeman and go through all the time so yes, there are many beer options to choose from. There was a thread on here a while back about how Bozeman has turned into a yuppy place with cold smoke drinking, beard laden, plaid wearing, fishing trucker hat types that have "ruined" it. So I was making joke in reference to that.

Sounds like a cool project. Every spring I volunteer with a local group of riders to work on the trails in our foothills. I don't know how many miles we have but it's gotta be more the 30 by now, and they're a blast to ride (when I actually get the time).

Hem,

I'll come ride it with you this summer, and then we can drink a beer afterwards and swap hunting dog stories.

Building new bike trails is FAR more palatable than allowing mountain bikes within designated wilderness areas.

I don't drink cold smoke at all I was only kidding. I have a friend who lives in Bozeman and go through all the time so yes, there are many beer options to choose from. There was a thread on here a while back about how Bozeman has turned into a yuppy place with cold smoke drinking, beard laden, plaid wearing, fishing trucker hat types that have "ruined" it. So I was making joke in reference to that.

The punch line kinda loses its effect when you have to explain the joke :hump:

Copper City biking? My guess is the shooting will soon be shut down there. It's always been a great place to tune in the rifles at longer ranges.

Will the brewery have cold smoke? That is all I drink while in Boze.

I am curious to see how your post is received on here.

I got buzzed by a couple of mountain bikers while elk hunting on a trail a while back in the bitterroot valley. Taught me not to hunt on the trail.

I will second this. Bozeman has some great local beers!

JLS- its a deal. You can hang at my place...only ten minutes from the trails.

Greenhorn- yep,the shooters are annoyed. New trail right through where I site my rifles.Still enough room for all. The go-to shooting spots in the past are mostly off limits which is good.It was a pig sty of debris, some of which was actually on private property.

All of the credit goes to the SouthWest Mountain biking alliance and specifically a few motivated individuals.Three Forks itself probably was non-committal or skeptical but will see the light eventually.Amazing the people taking advantage of the current trail system, ...it is the Bozeman crowd which will drive the completion of the trails.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back