Speaking of bighorns...

BuzzH

Heres a picture DS and I got while on a recent scouting trip to Colorado for elk. Saw more bighorns than elk. I think this would be a shooter ram in Colorado...fairly old and broomed. Nice looking ram too.

Cobighorn.JPG

Great picture Buzz. Looks like it was a successful scouting trip even though you didn't get into the elk.

I hope to chase them one day, but as you know they don't just give away those "Breaks" tags.

I also enjoyed your whitey pictures from the SI forum. Looks like some sweet country you hunted. Do you still get back up here to MT to chase deer?

MTmiller, yeah I do get up to Montana to hunt deer and elk still. I've had great luck in the NR draw the last two years since I left Montana. I'll be chasing whitetails and elk again this year up there.

I used to hunt mule deer some up near you as well...some great country up there.

I actually took the photo. There were a half dozen rams....all close to being shooters. This one was slaightly larger than the others. I'd say we stalked within 30 yards before they ever knew we were there.

We saw lots of great elk sign, but not many elk. We did see two dandy Muleys though......right where I will be in November. The hope is that they stay put......I think they just might.

That looks familiar.
Them things arn't as spooky as elk & deer. Of course there aint near as many people trying to ventalate them

Back