Caribou Gear Tarp

Spartan Bipod Height

Ben Sellers

I'm looking for advice on what height to get when buying a Spartan Javelin Lite bipod. They come in mini, standard, and long but for the life of me I can't find the length ranges for these sizes. Im thinking the standard would be the most versatile but have nothing to base this on. Even if I knew actual inch ranges, it might not mean anything to me.

My uses would be shooting prone at the range and prone on an elk/mule deer mountain hunt. If it would be functional from a bench that would be a plus but that is not my priority.

Any advice would be appreciated.

No idea what they translate to for heights....

But I tried a 6-9 inch bipod for just what you said, found it too low for prone shooting on anything but empty dirt.

Just went with 9-13 inch, much better for getting sight over vegetation and shooting on a hill if needed.

So if you can figure out the inches I'd try for something in that range

Hi Ben,

I'm a rep for Spartan Precision Equipment. The Javelin Lite has fixed legs, which is why we can offer it at a lower price point. Here are the heights of each:

Mini 5.1"
Standard 6.3"
Long 7.5"

I would probably go with the long version for your needs. Let me know if I can help out in any other way!

Thank you. I believe what I ended up purchasing the original spartan bipod in the long form. I plans to buy the leg extensions to for sitting shots. FYI, I really like this little tripod.

Back