Caribou Gear Tarp

Spam blocker

Calif. Hunter

Okay, I am finally fed up with the "beef up the size of your johnson" emails - I must get 8 to 20 of them a day! - what is a good spam blocker and where do I get it?

MSN and google have a pertty good one. They put an extra tool bar/ search engine on the top of your screen, but what the hey.

Spamcatcher is the best. I get over 200 emails aday that are garbage only 2-3 get by spamcatcher. Ive been suing it for over a year now and love it.

I also run a program called spybot search and destroy

this is a must to get. if you visit alot of websites ;) they ahve ways of putting a spybot on your pc. this will get rid of them

Delw

While we're all offering our opinions, I use Qurb... http://www.qurb.com . It works on the "whitelist" principle, where anything that comes in from an address not on your "white list" is sent to a special folder. I browse through the junk folder a couple of times a day, empty it, and all is well. It's easy to set up and use.

That is somewhat on how Mail Washer works, only you get to see all your mail on the server, before it gets to your computer. You can add mail to your black list as you wish or your friend list. All the mail in the black list gets sent back to it's origin saying no such email address exits and then you get taken off their lists. When you hit Process, all the black lists get sent back to the spammers and the friend list goes to your email. I used to get about 500 emails a day, I now get just from the people I know. It took a little bit, but my spam ended and I now get 5-20 emails a day total.

It's built in to my Earthlink account, spam goes to a folder that is auto deleted. Calif we had a problem with my wifes hotmail account seems that someone had obtained all the emails, I had to try to explain that I had not done anything to her account until she received an email from MSN

I've been doing the same thing manually using my download e-mail program by turning it off when I log on and not activating it until after I view the server. Then I can download everything and bounce the trash back with an unknown user's message. It has been very successful eliminating spam.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back