Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Sow bears and boo boos - let's see them.

In September of 2015 I was hunting a buddies small property for elk but the trail cameras were showing more bear than elk so I picked up a bear tag. I had never hunted bear before. She almost climbed the ladder and then went out to about 20 yards and stared at me broadside. From that distance she looked huge!View attachment 223572View attachment 223573
Would you say it was the HECS that made the hunt a success?

Would you say it was the HECS that made the hunt a success?
No clue, haven’t warn that stuff in a few years. My theory was it couldn’t hurt. The move I have learned the more I realize it isn’t what you wear that matters. It’s how you move and how you play the wind.

No clue, haven’t warn that stuff in a few years. My theory was it couldn’t hurt. The move I have learned the more I realize it isn’t what you wear that matters. It’s how you move and how you play the wind.
sarcasm...

20180522_204621.jpg
Yeah that one happened too.....

Buddy told me saw a GIANT go in this dried wash deal. He goes he's right in there. ( I had been watching a really good one for 2 days in the area) I walk to where the bear went in jumped her at 10 yards and leveled her. My first words were instantly "fk me you dumbass Jonas" I was #crushed I killed a prime sow.

She dressed at 297 and aged at 10 or 11. Had an opportunity at a big boar earlier that day that was a row inside the corn field. Couldn’t get comfortable with the shot so I passed. The farmer called me later in the sit to tell me my time was limited so I opted to shoot what I thought would be a 350 ish pound boar. Turns out sows are short, which is why she was 50+ pounds lighter than I thought she’d be.

View attachment 223576View attachment 223577
I was bent because I’d waited ten years to tag a sow and would need to wait 15+ years for another tag. I was so disgusted that I started buying points in the West, and then got a phd in point creep. But, without that “failure” I wouldn’t have been to WY each of the last four years hunting antelope. Now that that opportunity is drying up I’ll have to get bent about that and see what other adventures I can discover while I continue to wait for that next bear tag.
#Oprah

View attachment 223595
Yeah that one happened too.....

Buddy told me saw a GIANT go in this dried wash deal. He goes he's right in there. ( I had been watching a really good one for 2 days in the area) I walk to where the bear went in jumped her at 10 yards and leveled her. My first words were instantly "fk me you dumbass Jonas" I was #crushed I killed a prime sow.
Nice way to drape it over a rock to really accentuate the massiveness.

I’m just glad my true dinkiest dink came in a day before digital cameras.

Buddy and I were out for spring bear in high school, which was just a good excuse to drink cheap beer. Anyways, found a black spot in a clear cut, looked at it through the cheapest binos I could find and low and behold it’s a bear. Dropped it in one shot, high fives and “eff ya” all over the place. You’d have thought we just shot a B&C moose. We work our way up there, and pretty sure after gutting we could have just picked it up by the scruff of the neck and packed it back to the road. I felt so bad I didn’t truly put in any effort on bears for 20 years. They became a target of opportunity, not a target of focus.

Back