Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Southern Co 3rd season

Okesa270

Heading to Colorado next week for 3rd season (5th - 13th ). I'll be in the Vallecito Lake area. Any suggestions or reports from the area?

It's not warm! Its HOT! I'm in the front range and my truck just read 82.

79 here where I am on the front range. Headed to the s/w part of the state on the first saturday of 3rd season. Forecast for next week for where I'm headed is 40's and rain a night, 50's during the day. Looks like I'll be heading up as high as I can get. Kind of the same pattern as last year.

The past two 3rd rifle seasons we hunted in daytime temps that barely got above freezing and at night dropped below 0 in the tents, this year the forecast is 50s/30s, it's going to be a weird season...

Okesa, let us know how it goes when you get back. I'm heading out for 4th Season and I'm hoping for lots of snow in the high country. Going to a unit north of Pagosa Springs, Good luck

Well I killed my first bull! My second trip out and was successful. Opening day it snowed and rained all day. Was a miserable day on the mountain. I took all the advice from you guys and headed as far away as I could stand. 4 miles in I shot this guy. I had just sat down to glass and he came along the ridge from the north with 4 cows. Shot him at 55 yards quartered away with my 130gr. nosler ( hand loaded) 270. Other than sliding down he didn't run. I hunted or walked with my dad the rest of the week. We hunted all day Thursday left that night drove all night and got back home Friday for my son's 7th birthday. I'm pretty sure the big set of "bones" I brought home to him made the best birthday ever. Thanks to all who share on here and give advice. Much appreciated.
View attachment 64443

Attachments

• 20161106_163602.jpg
    20161106_163602.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 734
Congrats Man!... that's the way to get it done, enjoy.

How did you get it out from 4 miles in? horse? multi backpack trips? other folks help?

Claybreaker, we had horses. Rode them in, led them out. What a life saver. Where we went in at there were lots of camps but only one had horses. So I can see why no one goes very far from their trucks.

Back