NW Co 3rd season

Thanks for the heads up. Taking my daughter out for a shot at her first elk. Forecast looks like it will have them moving.

Was up there in the sage, north of Craig, chasing deer during the latter half of second rifle. We tried putting up the wall tent while under a wind advisory, all I have to show for that are some bent poles. The forecast for that night was a quarter inch of rain followed by an inch of snow. Woke up with 8 inches on the ground and another 4 fell during the day and that was down low so I don't know how much the Routt got.

Was up there in the sage, north of Craig, chasing deer during the latter half of second rifle. We tried putting up the wall tent while under a wind advisory, all I have to show for that are some bent poles. The forecast for that night was a quarter inch of rain followed by an inch of snow. Woke up with 8 inches on the ground and another 4 fell during the day and that was down low so I don't know how much the Routt got.
Wow, the winds were brutal here in Montana this weekend too. I will be headed to that neck of the woods for 4th season. How was the hunting?

I’m staying in Maybell this week scouting for 3rd season deer. BLM roads are very sloppy. Sticking to the county roads for now.

As previously mentioned……..chains are key. Forest roads are torn up from all the snow & traffic from the first 2 seasons.

Wow, the winds were brutal here in Montana this weekend too. I will be headed to that neck of the woods for 4th season. How was the hunting?
Better than last year. I was hunting a different unit and didn't see a deer all season. Saw a bunch of does but only three bucks where I was this year. I was thinking it would be nice to have a 4th rifle tag in that unit. Best of luck to you.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back