Southcentral AK Man Who Stares at Sheep

I've been watching along here for a bit now. I grew up working in our family butcher shop in ND every night and weekend until the day I graduated; trained and worked as a wildlife biologist; earned my stripes and credibility as a roughneck; and now work in the Environmental Science world (as a green decoy of course). Based on my professional and outdoor experiences, I was intrigued by a bunch of the topics here so I figured I had some information worth sharing and finally joined.

Been living in AK for about 5 years and I've spent significant time working and hunting everywhere from Klawock, Kaktovik, Kotzebue, Kodiak, and St. Paul - and almost everywhere in between. I've been very fortunate to hunt all over the state in my short time here. So very familiar with logistics in most of the major villages in AK if you have questions.

I'm still trying to get the Dall Sheep curse off my back. I seem to be excellent at finding sub-legal rams and I've had to cancel 2 sheep hunts in 3 years. Send your thoughts and prayers ;)

Here's a few pics for your viewing pleasure
2018 Caribou.jpg
IMG_4407.JPGIMG_3648.JPGIMG_3955.JPGMy Goat Where She Died.JPGIMG_6074.JPGIMG_4442 (002).JPGIMG_0132.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome! When you get a chance share some photos and stories of some of your hunts! I’m sure I could speak for many of us here and say we would love to hear about them!

Great photos. I’m trying to convince the mrs that we should move to Alaska, but I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

Welcome to HT you are one lucky guy. I have been to two of those metro areas you mentioned Alaska is a special place......

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back