Sound Forest Management Policy, finally....

JoseCuervo

From Sunday's Statesman....

The thousands of Idahoans who love our outdoors more than constant controversy

Luckily, we hunters and fisherman have somebody speaking out for us.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>governors can get a “waiver” to set up their own schemes on national forests. This is bad news if you care about Idaho´s outdoors. More logging. More controversy. More lost hunting and fishing, more wasted taxpayer dollars.

Now we´ll lose outdoor values important to quality hunting and hiking, wildlife and watershed protection in favor of more road building and logging. And once again, we´ll get more controversy in the woods.

Fire danger? Nationwide less than one-tenth of one percent of the lands most at risk from fire, the Community Protection Zone, are in roadless forests. In Idaho only 2,896 acres of roadless forests are in the Community Protection Zone — three-quarters of one percent of the total 382,411 acres at risk near Idaho communities. The CPZ is 0.03 percent of the roadless land in Idaho. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please make checks payble to the Idaho Conservation League.

"Now we´ll lose outdoor values important to quality hunting and hiking, wildlife and watershed protection in favor of more road building and logging. And once again, we´ll get more controversy in the woods."

This isn't the green side using that old "Fear Factor" is it? LOL

Before you send in your check's made out to the (Idaho Conservation League)
you might want to check out there web site and see what they are linked with.
If it's an end to hunting you are after then by all mean's send a check. LOL
Be sure to check some of the link's they have that all support each other.
Predator conservation league.
Wilderness Watch.
Sierra Club.
Thanks but no thanks ,my check is made out to ------BRC,Range magazine ,achery club's,hunting org., the republican party & anything else that support's multipal use,hunting.
http://www.wildidaho.org/news/links.html
http://www.wildernesswatch.org/Hottopics/Issues.htm/Guzzlers.htm

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-24-2003 11:06: Message edited by: Muledeer4me ]</font>

Well I sent the ICL a email MD. Let see how they reply before I send them some money
biggrin.gif

MD you actually give money to a political party?
confused.gif

Thanks MD..
You have really started to come into your own on finding solid info...
Congrats....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Here is the reply I received

Fred – thanks for your email.

Well, speaking as both the Program Director for ICL and as a hunter, I can tell you that we are strong supporters of public use of public land. Hunting, fishing, horseback riding, rafting and hiking are great ways for people to get out and enjoy our great state and we support these uses.

Helping to ensure that our public lands are well managed helps to ensure that there is ample wildlife.

Traditionally, we do not wade into hunting regulations (zone boundaries, bag limits, season dates, etc) -- rather we frequently defer to the the pros at Idaho Dept of Fish and Game. The one area that we do engage in is “predator control.” There have been several dubious proposals to virtually eliminate predators (ranging from coyotes to bears to badgers) from some areas in an effort to boost deer and elk populations. Generally speaking, we have opposed these efforts. We view predators (including wolves) as part of the system — just like deer, elk, etc. are part of the system.

Idaho is a great place and a real paradise for folks that enjoy getting into the back country.

Hope this helps. Please email me directly if you have additional questions. - Justin

What "solid info" did MD post???
rolleyes.gif
She repeated what Ithica has been telling her, that she needs to check out the organizations she supports (the BRC and their "fringe" elements). Luckily, it appears that she has been listening to Ithica. That is what she should be congratulated for.

And look what she found for us, with respect to the ICL. Here is the list of the Idaho groups ICL provides links to (and not sure of their support or affirmation):
Boise Foothills Open Space Campaign

Boulder-White Clouds Council

Coeur d'Alene Audubon Society

Golden Eagle Audubon Society (Boise)

Palouse Audubon Society (Moscow)

Snake River Audubon Society (Idaho Falls)

Greater Yellowstone Coalition

Hells Canyon Preservation Council

Idaho Rivers United

Idaho State B.A.S.S. Federation

Idaho Steelhead & Salmon Unlimited

Western Watersheds Project

Land and Water Fund of the Rockies

The Lands Council

The Lewis and Clark Monument site

Pacific Rivers Council

Sierra Club Northern Rockies Chapter

Sierra Club East Idaho Group (Pocatello)

Sierra Club Middle Snake Group (Boise)

Sierra Club Sawtooth Group (Ketchum)

Sierra Club Upper Columbia River Group (Spokane, WA, includes North Idaho)

Idaho Wildlife Council

The Wilderness Society Idaho Page

Trout Unlimited, Ted Trueblood Chapter

Trout Unlimited, Upper Snake River Cutthroats Chapter

Trout Unlimited, Panhandle Chapter

Yep, I have always worried about Trout Unlimited.... When I first heard that the Trout were getting organized, I knew I would have trouble ever getting an Elk Hair Caddis to produce for me.
biggrin.gif

And then she says <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Before you send in your check's made out to the (Idaho Conservation League)you might want to check out there web site and see what they are linked with. If it's an end to hunting you are after then by all mean's send a check. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, it appears that she has warned us all about a group led by Hunters, who are working with Fish and Wildlife and Natural Resource groups to provide us multiple uses for our Public Lands. And these guys even leave the wildlife managment decisions to the "Pros" at the Fish and Game. Gosh.... What a bad bunch of people....
rolleyes.gif

Nut,
Be careful with that reply from the guy "claiming" to be a hunter in Idaho. Ask to see his Fat-Ass and his ATV to make sure he is a true Idaho hunter....
wink.gif

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back