Caribou Gear

Sons First Pronghorn

kzkammo3

Not only was this my son Trents first Pronghorn but it was his first big game hunt holding a tag, it was a rough first hunt but very humbling for the boy. Ended up getting him on a really nice buck first thing in the morning opening day, but shot right over his back at 200 yards. After pursuing the buck for another hour with no luck we moved onto another area we had scouted before. Found this buck and his does feeding about 10:30 we got setup for the 130 yard shot and he jerked the trigger and ended up hitting the buck in the back leg. We tracked the buck for about 2 miles but could never get close enough for him to get a good shot, we decided to head back to the truck and come at him from a different angle. Finally relocated the buck bedded down at 3:30, snuck into 150 yards and put him down. trents lope 1.jpgtrents lope 2.jpg

Way to stick with it. Great buck! One thing that has helped me a lot is to take a few practice dry fires if the situation allows.

Way to stick it out and harvest a great buck. Congratulations to the young man.

That's a rough start, but I am glad the perseverance lesson worked out.

After that experience we should all have the perfect motivation to practice realistic shooting positions and distances at the range. I know I see way to many people only shooting from a bench.

That smiles says it all.

Way to me persistent! It sucks when that happens, but stuff like that happens to everyone at one point. Use it as a learning experience and shoot, shoot, shoot! Great buck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back