Son's First Buck

farmerboy1381

20201128_102818.jpg
My son got his first buck last week, going to take a lot of hunting hours before he tops this one I think. Thought I would post it here because Randy did a lot to cultivate his interest in hunting. Every Sunday morning my boys rush to get ready for church because that is when I put Randy Newberg or River Monsters shows on for them while the girls take their time. I think that Randy is about as close to a sports hero as they have, which I am great with because if he is crazy at least it doesn't show as much as it does with Big Ben or Antonio Brown 😉 And the best part is he shot it on my grandparents farm with 3 generations of the family helping.

Awesome buck!! Congrats to everyone involved. Will you be having it mounted for him?

Awesome buck!! Congrats to everyone involved. Will you be having it mounted for him?
Yes, the interesting part is when I was skinning it I noticed a puss pocket below the eye. took it to the taxidermist and he cut the skull plate off a whole new growth of bone had formed around it and the puss had went into the skull. Taxidermist said he never saw anything like it. We speculated that it is why the brow tine grew weird on that side.20201201_185120.jpg20201128_105711.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back