Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Somewear

BuckRut

I've done the math and I can save a lot of money if I sell off my InReach SE+ and going with a Somewear for my messaging. All I do with my InReach is messaging and to have the SOS available. Anyone using a Somewear? Let me know how it stacks up for messaging.

both use iridium network so that's a good thing.

i personally like redundancy - obivously the sos works on the device itself no matter what. but the high likelihood my phone dies and i can't get it going again i'd like to still be able to message on my device.

i don't even know what my inreach subscription costs when i activate for backpacking and hunting season. how do the plans compare?

InReach is a $34.95 annual fee and $64.95 per month for unlimited and the Somewear is a one time $35.00 activation then $40.00 per month if you have an elite Onx membership or $50.00 per month if you don't.

InReach does not have to be $65 per month. I am on the lowest "Freedom Plan" and it's $15 per month for 10 texts per month (more than enough for me) and $.50 per message after that. Presets are unlimited, as are inreach to inreach emails which are functionally the same as text. Weather updates count as a message.

I also agree about redundancy. I could easily mess up my phone or get it wet, but I keep my inReach in a little dry bag and it's a pretty durable device on its own.

I've done the math and I can save a lot of money if I sell off my InReach SE+ and going with a Somewear for my messaging. All I do with my InReach is messaging and to have the SOS available. Anyone using a Somewear? Let me know how it stacks up for messaging.

What did you end up going with? I have been looking at the Somewear and the Zoleo. I like the idea of not having the monthly subscription plans with the Somewear, but the device costs quite a bit more.

IN REACH FREEDOM PLAN. TURN OFF THE SUBSCRIPTION. I HAVE MINE GOING FOR 3-4 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR. TURN IT BACK ON ANYTIME.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back