MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Sometimes a night in a tent….

HuntTalk Freak

Is all you need to reset your attitude. I haven’t been out to my hunting property since early January. In fact I’ve barely spent anytime outdoors since spring. I’m either working, raising my daughter or sitting my fat ass in front of the TV watching other people do things outside. I’ve been in a huge rut.

For the first time ever my wife told me I needed to get out of the house and down here. Rifle season starts this weekend. I almost didn’t even make the five hour drive today but promised myself I would go and work a little bit above all not get stressed or angry.

I expected my cabin to be in bad shape with mice and I was correct. So I brought stuff to camp. So after working a little in the cabin I set out to find a camping spot in the rocky and uneven landscape of the Texas hill country.

I’ve thought about camping in this spot for a while simply because it’s one of the flatter and softer spots available. IMG_5008.jpeg

Glad you got out! Love/hate that, “watching other people do outside things” …we’ve all been there.

I’ve mentioned it here before but before I met my wife I worked, hunted and guided on this property before it got split up into multiple pieces. I pretty much lived outside fall to spring and the adjustment has been hard especially after my daughter was born. My sense of duty is to be home every night to be a good father and husband. Yet being inside and not out in the wild has a noticeable affect on me.

I’m sure many of you have felt the same. Anyway, don’t take advice from a guy drinking Weller from a whataburger cup.IMG_5021.jpeg

Not much to add but that’s a sick AR .
Thanks! I use to build them and had around a dozen at one time. I built this one around the time I started shooting less but it still has around 5k through it. I think the lower has around 25-30k on it now though.

Pure therapy right there! What part of the hill country? I live in New Braunfels and hunt between Junction and Menard.

Pure therapy right there! What part of the hill country? I live in New Braunfels and hunt between Junction and Menard.
I’m on the border of San Saba and Cherokee.

It was a bit frosty this morning. Lots of deer movement. I saw a pretty good buck jump the fence and onto the neighbors.

Had a hog and a cottontail come into camp last night.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back